ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: New Medicom

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:43 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:I am really loving the 'back to the 1970s' Kikaider, so much goodness both in design and execution. I am far less excited about the Captain Action version of Ultraman though. Weird how two such similar toys could be released at the same time with such disparity; just odd (and probably unfortunate) timing I suppose. Anyhow, I would love to be able to get myself one of those RAH toys.

I have an RAH Hakaider and there is noticeable degradation in the costume. is there any way to stop or at least slow that?

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Really loving this little set.

Can anyone help with the translation on this release, google is telling me over counter sales / not available outside Japan release?

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:27 am

X-Bomber !!! :shock:

As a huge fan, while I'm really happy to see those released, I'm a bit disappointed it's carried out by a non-japanese company...
I don't know what to expect from Unbox, I've never seen one of their products in hand.

The prototypes look good enough, but Big Dai-X seems oddly articulated if this is indeed sofubi...

Made in Japan ? I wonder...

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:35 am

plasticXO wrote:X-Bomber !!! :shock:

As a huge fan, while I'm really happy to see those released, I'm a bit disappointed it's carried out by a non-japanese company...
I don't know what to expect from Unbox, I've never seen one of their products in hand.

The prototypes look good enough, but Big Dai-X seems oddly articulated if this is indeed sofubi...

Looks good to me. As a person who has a few of the Witches they made as well as some Mockbat's i would say Unbox is more than qualified to make these. Really doesn't personally matter to me if its made by Japan or another country as long as its good quality work.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:57 am

These look very cool. I really hope they get to make Commander Makara. she was always my favorite character!

Any idea what the price point on these are yet?

Now I gotta go dig out my Star Fleet VHS tapes out... :lol:

Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:49 am

Definitely not Japanese. Unbox's factory is in China and I'm pretty certain they use rotocasting molds, not slush-casting. But whatever. It's absolutely high-quality stuff, and that's all that matters (I only have one of Eric Smith's Vulkira figures so far from Unbox, but I hope to get one of Jeff's SMD 5 guys someday). Oh, and if they're good enough for PK's mini Mockbats, then they're good enough for me.

Anyway, I'm a big X-Bomber fan as well, so you know I'm psyched for this shit! I *think* the Big Dai X figure has elbow articulation...I forget the whole story on that (like, it may not even be an ST sofubi--it could be a bigger, plastic guy). Their Shiro figure looks way more fun (in my opinion) than Denboku's recent one. And, yes, a Makara is in the works!

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:01 am

And here's a link to a video of the Big Dai X's elbow articulation (I guess it IS gonna be a rotocast vinyl figure).

Also, I totally forgot they're doing the Starzingers, which I will also be buying the shit outta.

By the way, why are we discussing Unbox Industries' upcoming releases in the Medicom thread???

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:22 am

Sanjeev wrote:Image

And here's a link to a video of the Big Dai X's elbow articulation (I guess it IS gonna be a rotocast vinyl figure).

Also, I totally forgot they're doing the Starzingers, which I will also be buying the shit outta.

By the way, why are we discussing Unbox Industries' upcoming releases in the Medicom thread???

Probably because its being distributed by Medicom? lol

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:10 pm

Headhunter wrote:Probably because its being distributed by Medicom? lol

Gotcha! I forgot they don't sell only through their website...

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:29 am

Does anyone know if Medicom has ended its Marvel / DC superhero lines?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:43 am

Sanjeev wrote:Definitely not Japanese. Unbox's factory is in China and I'm pretty certain they use rotocasting molds, not slush-casting. But whatever. It's absolutely high-quality stuff, and that's all that matters (I only have one of Eric Smith's Vulkira figures so far from Unbox, but I hope to get one of Jeff's SMD 5 guys someday). Oh, and if they're good enough for PK's mini Mockbats, then they're good enough for me.

Anyway, I'm a big X-Bomber fan as well, so you know I'm psyched for this shit! I *think* the Big Dai X figure has elbow articulation...I forget the whole story on that (like, it may not even be an ST sofubi--it could be a bigger, plastic guy). Their Shiro figure looks way more fun (in my opinion) than Denboku's recent one. And, yes, a Makara is in the works!

Oh, Denboku released X-Bomber characters ? Interesting. I need to check that.

Thanks for the feed-back on Unbox releases quality. I wonder if they use digital sculpting for their toys. Makara looks like a 3D model.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:56 am

Did anyone receive the first two Astro Mu 5 repros yet? I feel like it's been a while and Jupiros is finally up but I'd like to hear about the quality on the others before I order

Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:11 am

So far I haven't seen any signs that they've started shipping them yet... but according to the preorder they're supposed to ship late April, so hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.
That being said, this is the longest wait I've had for a birthday/xmas gift ever :lol:

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:47 pm

plasticXO wrote:Oh, Denboku released X-Bomber characters ? Interesting. I need to check that.

Thanks for the feed-back on Unbox releases quality. I wonder if they use digital sculpting for their toys. Makara looks like a 3D model.

Yeah, the Denboku looks nice, like all their offerings. But IIRC, the articulation was weird (oddly-angled shoulder cuts), and I'm not a big fan of Denboku's cartoony aesthetic.

And, yes, Unbox does everything digitally. I just wish they were on the ball about posting information (Dan posts pretty often on instagram, but he'll say that he's gonna post release information about a particular figure on their website...but he'll often never get around to doing it).

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:10 am

Russblue11 wrote:Did anyone receive the first two Astro Mu 5 repros yet? I feel like it's been a while and Jupiros is finally up but I'd like to hear about the quality on the others before I order

Cj mart just sent out mail concerning the delay of the first astro mu figures. It is now planned to be shipped in late june... :cry:

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:03 am

That sucks. And we have to preorder the last set by June 5th.

Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:09 pm

plasticXO wrote:X-Bomber !!! :shock:

The X-bomber is a must buy item!

Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 am

Now that I've won the lotto I can post Jinzo Ningen Romeo. I really like this one.

Mon May 16, 2016 7:59 am

^^^ Grats on the win! :D

Take some pictures when you get it!

Mon May 16, 2016 12:12 pm

ImageImage

Mon May 16, 2016 12:21 pm

HELL YES! Now that is right up my alley. I know it is not 'sofubi' and all, but dang does that get me excited. Those Caption Action sets are great, and to see Medicom is issuing an Ultraman one is just stellar. The RAH and others are very nice too, of course, but I find they err too often on the side of realism and 'display model' type, whereas I just want a helluvan awesome toy to play with. :)

Mon May 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Well the mask/head is soft vinyl.......

From what I heard these were made as a prize for readers back in the 60's
but no one seems to know if any exist. They did a fairly good job at these
making them crude in the style of the vintage line. Fun looking for sure.

Sucks they did not include any additional items which CA were known for.
Would have been swell to include a micro sized sofvi Hayata! Will be a
real treat if they follow thru and make the Baltan costume companion.

Mon May 23, 2016 11:17 am

What an awesome pair of figures offered by Geek X Dream Rocket through Medicom! The minotaur is probably one of my favorite Greek monsters in general. The red one in particular reminds me of a Baron Of Hell from Doom. Its got the right look almost if you ask me.

Mon May 23, 2016 6:33 pm

I have never been more heartbroken by the price of a toy before.

First run of the Minotaur was 30,000 yen at a festival.
I read Medicom is doing a preorder, and was like "Oh shit! Maybe because it's a Medicom run, the price will be lower! Oh hell yeah!"
...30,000 yen.
Let me weep in peace

Mon May 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Yeah and I have to try to get both. I cannot decide which I like better. Just hoping that if if I try for both I'll land one or the other
Last edited by quentor on Sat May 28, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post a reply