ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
 Mo' Buta 
Team Tsubu

Post Re: Mo' Buta
Buta by Proxy:

AKA Special Guest Stars AKA Family Reunion AKA Mushroom Tease AKA It's too Late for Me to Be posting Pictures.
Buta ButaNoHana Gargamel GGML Owl owltoy Postman Zarab Otus S-Taiin spaceman astronaut mushrooms Chibira-Kun

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Sat May 14, 2016 1:45 am
Vintage

Oh wow, my eyes are doing somersaults with that family, Gracie! There is just sooo much to love. As hard as it must have been having all these guys packed away for so long, having them all come out in one go must be like five Christmases in one. :D Especially seeing the whole family gathered like that, just like in David's photos, you are reminded just how much variety and fun is contained in Mr. Buta's creations. I could never pick a favourite and would never want to. It is just a joy seeing them and gives me a huge grin. I might be green with envy, but more than that just excited for you.

By the way, now there is pretty much no question anymore of me coming over and playing with your toys. :mrgreen:

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat May 14, 2016 1:46 am
Side Dealer

Deevis, love the shroom sequence! :shock:

Stevie, I just found two more packets of buta in the office :D Hoo Boy! I'm not getting anything done, so I will have to go home and feed the kittees and work tomorrow :x :D Yes, if I ever take the toys out of plastic, you'll have to come over and see the tigers and butas :)

BTW, the Buta on the red background were photographed back in 2011 or 2012, I think? That Easter/Spring gift wrapping paper I made, was from a shoot this weekend. I can't seem to find the whale! :x :x :x Still, it IS fun, like a treasure hunt dejavu! :P

...going home to feed the starving fat tigers now :oops: Good night gents!

Sat May 14, 2016 1:51 am
Vintage

Oh, was that red one wrapping paper too, I thought it might have been a sheet maybe? Very fun and cool in either case, and makes a good background for a quick set up of your Buta family. I think the bright colours really shows off the 'pop' of these fellas. I can already imagine how lovely (and mind-blowing) your shelves are going to look once all of them are together. Good luck with the remaining hunt, and hope your whale turns up soon even if that will have me wringing my hands, I know you really love him. Thanks for the reminder share!

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 am
Side Dealer

I gotta compliment you on the backdrop as well Grace~ you made that wrapping paper? Very nice! Such a fun backdrop; perfect for that amazing bouquet of plastic colors!
~Seeing that sweet Gigasu reminds me of the good things in life ;) , and just noticed the Mogular?? Love it.

Mr D how perfect is that mushroom patch for that jolly trio!?! My Otus goes out on the town today, we'll see what he can find ;)

Last edited by rattanicus on Sat May 14, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 14, 2016 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Vintage

rattanicus wrote:
Mr D how perfect is that mushroom patch for that jolly trio!?! My Otus goes out on the town today, we'll see what he can find ;)
I was so excited with Grace's photos, when David posted inbetween my reply, I wasn't able to remark on how great those were too. I couldn't agree more, Rei. Full disclosure, I am a bit of a fungi fanatic, so any mushie pics get me grinning, but definitely those alien planet landscapes work so well; love these toys and they play off incredibly with the mushrooms in the back. Great photos Mr. H.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sat May 14, 2016 8:23 am
Toy Prince

Wow Grace! You must be having a blast pulling those out of boxes. Especially if some were forgotten about! What fun! Keep the pics coming of any others you dig out. Especially when you turn up the whale.

Sat May 14, 2016 9:13 am
Side Dealer

^^^Thank you for all the nice comments :P . As Stevie mentioned, I really love these Buta toys. Buta and Vintage are my main passions in adoptions. FYI, my toys are still bagged because I'm waiting for the display cases to be finished, so the baggies keep them biohermetically sealed from alien dust spores and germs :oops: :wink: . Those who know me, realize that I'm somewhat of a "Black Hole" collector. I rarely sell my toys because I only buy what I love! :P I even buy dupes (yes, knowingly too! :D ) if I'm really gaga over a particular toy :oops: (viz Tiger 7's! :D :D :D ). That being said, and if you'll please pardon the dust, crappy backgrounds, baggies, and bubble wrap, here are more butas "in progress"

*Oh! Thanks for the nice comments on the wrapping paper--the red dragons are long gone (I think I used them up for Chinese New Years), and that Eastery cute critters paper was chopped up this afternoon to wrap birthday presents for a cute 4-year old girl :)

These are repeats, but I figured it would be nice to document things in a cluster, so I can go back and remind myself what I've got :oops: :)

Fleshie dinos!

Paul Kaiju custom painted dinos (love the pattern! how does he do it!!! :shock: )

Have to run an errand, will download more pics from camera and post, including the whales! :D

Sat May 14, 2016 7:46 pm
Team Tsubu

Mr. Humphreys wrote:
... including the whales! :D
Plural? :cry:

So you grabbed those PK customs? Can't wait to see your own pics of them!

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Sat May 14, 2016 7:49 pm
Side Dealer

Yes plural Deevis! :D :wink:

I had a hard time finding the Buta whale, because he was actually visiting his Bullmark vintage Mommie :P

Dancing on air, so glad to be reunited with Mom

And learning how to walkies

Also found...

Yes Deevis, I have the PK customs, but they are buried some where. I saved the seller's photos to remind me I had them! :P

Sat May 14, 2016 10:34 pm
Side Dealer

I must have a Buta Mogular! :o And Gigasu. And more cute things in general.
ps~ man that vintage Gamakuji is just gorgeous...

Sat May 14, 2016 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
Vintage

Such a wonderful mix of Buta toys, both new and old. Another very nice grouping of 're-awakened' toys, Grace. Ha, I know exactly how you feel with those snagged pics. I have a whole 'catalogue' of bad thumbnails and YJA pics from things I have bought (mostly to keep a record for when things don't come or are not as they are advertised). I am so happy you were able to grab those PK customs from Mandarake. They were a very pleasant surprise, and I look forward to see some real photos that do his work justice. Fleshy dinos are so nice too.

But, alas, the whales are the show-stealer for me. As a fellow Gammy-lover, I adore the few toys I have (Bulllmark, Bandai) but have so longer to add a Buta pearl muncher to my toy family. Seeing the two of them paired together is just perfect! :D Beside the obvious connections in paint schemes, I think the different expressions and sculps really compliment each other in a same-but-different way. Like a mother/baby pairing or something, that surpasses even the cuteness of the natural world. I love them Gracie! So happy for you to have adopted them, and glad that you finally 'found' them again. Thanks for sharing, Grace.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Sun May 15, 2016 12:23 am
Toy Prince

Well, the whale pics definitely did not disappoint. Vintage mama and buta baby photo series was very cute and posing was well done. Thanks for sharing!

Sun May 15, 2016 4:56 pm
Side Dealer

Thank you! :oops: There are so many Buta figures, and I would still like to adopt some of the older toys, but they are either too expensive or has not surfaced for mere mortals :P . I did find a few more, but I think I'll keep them as a surprise when I finally do put them in their cases. Thanks for all the enthusiasm and kind words! :D

Mon May 16, 2016 1:35 am
S7 Royalty

Wow Grace, great showing over the last few days! Ive wanted to see these for years! The whale is my fav. too.. I appreciate it way more now because of your pics.

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Mon May 16, 2016 4:50 am
Addicted

Awesome Grace, great to see a Buta Gamakazam next to the Bullmark sculpt. Good stuff.

Your first love and your last love is toy love.

Mon May 16, 2016 6:29 am
Side Dealer

Thanks Brent and Michael! :D Those Buta represent many years of patience, and lots of help from really wonderful Boardies, so I send many hugs to all of you that have helped me! :P :P :P

One more repeat, then the archives get closed until the cases are ready...

Mon May 16, 2016 5:32 pm
Mr. Grumpy™

How you kept all those Butanohana toys under wraps, in bags, and stored away for so long without tearing them open is beyond me Grace. Can't wait to see your full on shelf shots.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Chris, I had to pack everything in bins, bags, and boxes. It took quite a long time to complete a house remodel. Butas were much safer in their bags, while total chaos was going on :wink: .

Anyone interested in an 11 x 17 inch jpg file of Buta wrap?
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/2ddcoTil/file.html

Just plotted out a 40 x 50 inch sheet, but I down-sized a jpg for printing on tabloid-sized paper :wink:

Wed May 18, 2016 11:06 pm
Vintage

Haha, that is just great Grace! What an awesome idea. Do you regularly screen out/print your own wrap like that? I look forward to seeing the paper that eventually displays your entire Buta shelf - what a collage of wondrous colours and monsters that will be. :mrgreen:

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed May 18, 2016 11:11 pm
Team Tsubu

Mr. Humphreys wrote:
Marriage material, for sure.

EDIT: Hang on a sec... is that second baby the product of photoshoppery, or do we have to have a talk? :shock:

Wed May 18, 2016 11:13 pm
Vintage

Judging from the poses, I might assume it is just the same guy replicated.

But then, this is Grace here, so one never knows. :P

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed May 18, 2016 11:17 pm
Side Dealer

Ha! :lol: No, sorry to disappoint, it's pixel birthing :wink: They are all the same Buta baby whale, btw! Just cloned at different sizes. Here you go Deevis...
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/Oh47D8P9/file.html

Stevie, we have to calibrate our large format plotters to keep the ink flowing, etc... So instead of mundane test files, I make large "funner" plots. Plus it's hard to find decent wrapping paper that doesn't cost a fortune.

And just for Rei...
http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/9SnJfUWK/file.html

The Magura & Whale, are against a transparent background, so you can use the file to make your own stuff! :wink:

Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 pm
Vintage

Nice work Grace! Okay, so *after the DB is completed* we, as a SB community, need to come together to work on high-res images like this for every Buta figure, to collage all together, and thus my dreams of a Buta spread can become a reality. :mrgreen:

What a brilliant - and efficient - use of the 'test' plots, Grace. I love that your love for these toys is extending into the workplace in such a fashion.

flickr part [2] part [3]

Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 pm
Side Dealer

Thanks Grace! Yay Moggie!

Thu May 19, 2016 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64  Next