ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Bay Area Skull Krew
Post a reply

No, John, not that Kubrick

Tue May 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Jealous. Again.
http://www.thecjm.org/on-view/upcoming/ ... tion/about
http://www.stanleykubrick.de/en/ausstellung-exhibition/

Re: No, John, not that Kubrick

Tue May 31, 2016 5:58 pm

yeah, saw this earlier today on my fb feed and was jealous of the west coast for the first time in a long while.

It reads like it will be a monster of an exhibition. I mean, his tech savvy work alone can take a whole exhibition and to see it paired with early and late work is going to be a total treat.

I will have to settle for a catalogue.

Tue May 31, 2016 6:17 pm

There was a similar version of this at lacma I believe and it was amazing. Ive loved Kubrick since I was a kid so it was pretty awesome to be close to so many of the pieces and behind the scenes pics.

Tue May 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Yes, this same exhibition has been around since 2004, and already traveled around the world a few times, so it is unsurprising that some people might have recollected seeing it pop up before.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:09 am

Also Kubrick related, in recent news

Stanley Kubrick was planning children's film before his death

I think that this could have made quite an interesting project. A darker/more serious-toned story of Pinocchio, but still for children, similar to Collodi's original tale, would be a really interesting thing to see made. Not Švankmajer bizarre, mind you, but a really out there fantasy; something that I think I would love to see. I wonder what Kubrick would have brought to it. Like so many other projects never realised, sad to reflect that we will never know.
Post a reply