ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Upcoming Secret Base Releases

Mon May 23, 2016 6:20 pm

UPDATED

looks like i made a yellow as i have traded the blue body in the middle right side. i need a green inner head and green arm to take the place of the yellow astro arm, i need a red outer brain but only have a barbarian head set to trade...HELP!

Mon May 23, 2016 8:19 pm

This guy is dropping today 19,440 yen

Mon May 23, 2016 8:56 pm

That guy already dropped and sold out, man.

Mon May 23, 2016 11:52 pm

xSuicide Squadx wrote:That guy already dropped and sold out, man.

ah yeah i screwed the date up whoops :oops:

Tue May 24, 2016 7:56 am

Illusive wrote:This guy is dropping today 19,440 yen

:roll:

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:22 am

Howcome SB fans aren't losing their minds over this... piece of... vinyl..

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:37 am

I've honestly been venting in an open thread I have with some friends on Instagram, so I didn't think to bring it here yet. I find this really lame, and I'd love to know his reasoning. Hell, even Three Tides Tattoo made one. I really wish painted runs of fighters and Dogs would come back.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:21 am

Who cares?

As long as Hiddy is getting paid, and still puts out cool fight figs once in a while.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:58 am

I honestly care. Secret Base has already shifted so heavily in the short time I've been collecting into licensed toys like SpongeBob, Marshmallow Man, Felix the Cat, etc. that, with the staple in Funko, I think he's just going to distance himself even further from fight figures(which most releases lately have been a snooze fest for me, personally). Quite a few members here raised some eyebrows and concerns over him helping Funko get the Hikari line started. Am I gonna raise hell and lose sleep over it? Of course not. And if he wants to get paid, fuck it. It only bums me out because SB fighters got me into sofubi and I feel like I'm kinda seein' them die out.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Saw that pic of Hiddy. I thought it was kind of funny. I didn't know about the Three Tides one till I looked it up. Honestly, I would have bought the Three Tides ones. Hiddiy...maybe not.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:27 pm

I have all the early classic fighter pieces so I'm okay with a slow down of releases. Seemed like in 2007-8 Secret Base was releasing fight figures at a ridiculous pace.

I have no interest in the licensed toys though I did go for a vintage Felix.

At some point, those fighter molds are gonna have to be retired I would think.
Especially after so much use over the years, my understanding is that the molds start to deteriorate.
Post a reply