ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Butanohana Database- a visual guide 
Post Pimp

Post Re: Butanohana Database- a visual guide
He added a few more too. I've never seen Goldon before but now it's one of my favorites. I see Dodongo there as well. Outstanding new figures from butanohana.

edit. Sorry David, I made page 7 turn to 8. :oops:

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:25 pm
Team Tsubu

I've been slowly bringing it up to date over the past couple of weeks, finishing up just prior to Daniel's bump, ha! Lots of new goodies in there now; Oohashi-san keeps busy!

edit: No worries, Aldo! Bound to happen and best we keep up the chatter anyway! I'll give my end of the DB a proper linked bump once I finally get around to making the paper goods portion of it.

akum6n wrote:
Posting a reply since toothaction slyly added a couple of incredible new finds to the database.

A previously unseen Giant Gorilla and Placerias turned up recently. Both are on cream vinyl. The Gorilla is painted similarly to the light blue vinyl release; the Placerias is painted similar to the Grumble Toy exclusive version on yellow GID vinyl.

Curiously, these painted cream vinyl versions were bagged with the later version blue header used with the Grumble Toy set

Unpainted Placerias and Titanis on cream vinyl have turned up in the past. This suggests to me that there is also a painted cream vinyl Titanis out there.

The way these painted versions turned up is puzzling. The header suggests that they were released at the tail end of Butanohana's dino production. The cream vinyl suggests that they were produced at the same time as the Edmontania, Iguanadon and Protoceratops, but were somehow not given a wider release.

Very odd, but it is always exciting to 'discover' toys years after they were produced and sold.
Exciting, indeed.

As I was just telling Daniel, I first spied the "new" dinos some weeks before in the snaps that people have taken at the public studio:
You can see the two that popped up on Mandrake, the placerias and the gorilla, plus the creme Titanis he predicted (or is it an alternate yellow?); and a dark green Carnotaurus! Good stuff.

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Flickr one and Flickr two

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:47 pm
Side Dealer

Oh so that's what that placerias was!!! :x I couldn't figure out where that dino belonged, I was thinking it was an odd color because of camera exposure, not an unknown treasure! DOH! :x

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 pm
Prototype

My jaw dropped when I saw that pic. Never thought to look through the shop photos.

Perhaps he ran some of the dinos in dark green and cream vinyl at the tail-end of their production, but never painted or formally released them. The four 'new' dinos (well, one dino, one prehistoric reptile, one giant flightless bird and one gorilla) in the photo may have been painted up and sold from the new shop.

I don't have any direct evidence, just inference based on what I know. If they were old releases, it's too big of a coincidence that two of the items would show up at Mandarake just a short while after we saw them for the first time at the shop.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Daniel, do you notice anything different about the vinyl material? Is it "relatively" soft and squishy, like the flesh series? Congrats to you by the way! :wink: Now I can downsize the DOH! :x :x :x to just a doh! :oops: :wink:

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:43 pm
Prototype

Mr. Humphreys wrote:
Daniel, do you notice anything different about the vinyl material? Is it "relatively" soft and squishy, like the flesh series? Congrats to you by the way! :wink: Now I can downsize the DOH! :x :x :x to just a doh! :oops: :wink:

Haha, thanks. It is still a pretty big doh for me if there are new dinos about.

The vinyl is hard like the other, newer dinos. I think it is the same vinyl as the Edmontonia, Iguanadon and Protoceratops.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Very interesting!
I think the cream gorilla maybe new or newly painted as well.
When I saw it at manda, I wasn't paying attention and assumed i already i have it, but i was wrong :(
On a separate note, many thnxs for maintaining this database, really good resource.
The knowledge is amazing, there are many english names that I learn, especially the dinos :oops:

Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:29 pm
Prototype

ImageImage

The cream Placerias is definitely a new release. The staples in the header were very fresh- no visible wear or rust as there usually is with old stock or stored figures.

Last edited by akum6n on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Stunning as always Daniel! :shock: The silver capped fangs are beautiful :shock: . What a puzzle this new release is! I wonder if he's going to be hitting the auct.. er, I mean store, soon or if this was made for a special event of some sort--just like the Kitty Tanks? A mystery to be sure. And, if David = Buta herd, then surely Daniel = Buta Dinos! :P Congrats again!

Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:00 am
Team Tsubu

akum6n wrote:
The cream Placerias is definitely a new release. The staples in the header were very fresh- no visible wear or rust as there usually is with old stock or stored figures.
Argh, that means some ass-hat handed Our Man Buta a pebble and then walked right over to Mandrake to get a rock! Rrrrrrr.

Top pics, man! I'll be sure to boost one of them for the DB. :D

"I think and try to get a monster of flower soft ware toy pig actually, and notice that light unexpectedly."

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:20 pm
S7 Royalty

toothaction wrote:
...then walked right over to Mandrake to get a rock! Rrrrrrr.

Rocks... dont forget the others... :(

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:28 pm
Team Tsubu

^ Well, in my lazy analogy a rock was supposed to be a fine return on the investment of a pebble. :wink:

For what it's worth, condition of the packaging might not necessarily be any indication of the time of it's production - I've picked up a number of the older dinos that were sealed until I ruined their minty status myself, and most looked just as fresh around the staple as the new batches have.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:50 pm
Side Dealer

Adding the Cat Tanks, as I didn't see any photos here yet...

Billiken Gallery 10th Anniversary Cat Show (Feb 2014) - Buta Cat Tanks

David, I know you have some nice Goldon and Dodongo photos! :wink:

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:57 pm
Team Tsubu

^ The cat tanks have been in the micro department for weeks now, Grace! Just scroll to the bottom. :D

I think the pics you posted here are also up on page 48 of New Butanohana. :wink:

The quadrupeds are already in the Tsuburaya tsection, too. :P

edit: fixed a link.

Last edited by toothaction on Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:16 pm
Side Dealer

oh dear! :oops: thank you David :oops: :oops: :oops: (updating my toy ledger, and no, I don't have them :) )

P.S. Can you please add the years of release? Yes, I'm a nerd :) . Can you please tell me if the Ponchan Peanut cuties were 2013 or 2014?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:31 pm
Toy Prince

I found years of release for some figures here:http://rotocasted.com/library/?sort=&custom=&query=butanohana

I have no idea who put them in and how accurate they are, though.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:02 pm
Side Dealer

Oh Thank You! :P That's perfect, how very kind :D

Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 pm
Team Tsubu

I have a rather incomplete list of confirmed release dates - pretty much everything from 2009 to today, much of 2008 and just a smatter of the first 3 years - so I've been hesitant to add that as a component to my end of the DB. I'd be happy to share with you what I do have, though.

I took a quick look over the listing at Rotocasted and most of it was accurate, but at least 10 were in conflict with my records. Hard to say without Oohashi-san on the horn!

As for Chibajin, people were able to buy one directly from the Buta studio during December of '13, but the mail-order release didn't happen until January of '14... so what do we call that? :?

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:00 pm
Side Dealer

Pretty please share your dates! :shock: If you are unsure of a date, how about typing it in and then putting a question mark afterwards-i.e. 2007 (?). I would say go for the earliest known date! Nerds want to know! :lol:

Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:03 pm
Vintage

RedKing set from Ultraman Figure Art Festival in Koshigaya 2014

Seabozu set from Ultraman Figure Art Festival in Koshigaya 2014

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:23 pm
Side Dealer

Ahhh!!! Wonderful to see! :shock: Thank you for adding those photos and the info. Does anyone have a photo of the 3 piece purply set? :shock:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:15 pm
Vintage

Placeholder:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm
Team Tsubu

Folded all those pics in on page 7 last week, but it's nice to see 'em nice and big here.
Mr. Humphreys wrote:
Does anyone have a photo of the 3 piece purply set? :shock:

Here's the Toho funsies, from Super Festival 65:

Pics stolen from IGland

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:25 pm
Side Dealer

Goodness! :shock: Thank you gentlemen! :D What a fun set! I had no idea you could fit the different heads on that tank-very amusing :D . Gee, it's hard to pick out a "favorite". That deep deep blue Seabozu and mini spaceman is giving the group a "run for it's money". And oy vey, I bet they are expensive on the after market!
P.S. Is it me, or does it seem like there are a lot of new releases with omakes? I really love those tiny tots! :P

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:33 pm
Vintage

toothaction wrote:
Folded all those pics in on page 7 last week, but it's nice to see 'em nice and big here.

Whoops, thought the front page had the conclusive database of images...

Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next