ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
Gargamel, Secret Base, Real Head, Anraku, Bemon, Exohead, U.S. Toys
Post a reply

Re: Butanohana Database- a visual guide

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 am

I updated the visual list with some of the newer toys. I try to use the Butanohana pics but for the batch before this there were no real solo shots, so I grabbed some from the net.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 pm

^^^ - Funny, I just updated my toku-specific chronological list on page 5 yesterday!

I'm still missing info for most of the newer micros - if anyone has a list of the monsters included in the recent sets or any other tasty resources please shoot me a PM.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:47 pm

awesome work Chris! It's easy to forget how many different Butanohana sculpts are released every year, the database has come a long way.

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Yes, great work with the list! Thanks for doing the hard work!
So much beauty on there!
I'm still sad that I passed on the latest Hare hare but he'll come around again someday :)

Fri May 03, 2013 11:48 am

Updated the license and chronology text list pretty extensively - have a look here if you're interested.

Fri May 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Nice and thorough work David!

Fri May 03, 2013 12:40 pm

I cut n paste it and put it on the front page too David.

Fri May 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Anyone else see the Spaceman with dark skin up for auction recently? Forgot to save a picture, he looked like he was African American which was surprising for a Japanese toy
Last edited by Russblue11 on Fri May 03, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 03, 2013 2:23 pm

ImageImageImage

Fri May 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Thanks David! Could be Indian as well but there are blue eyes

Fri May 03, 2013 3:43 pm

No problem, K! I have to say that the Punjabi? Senegalese? Maori? Stove Lighting Accident? version might well be my favorite. It's all just eye candy for me anyway, as I'm sure I'll never be able to pick up any version of this lanky beauty.

Thanks for the paste-up, Chris.
Last edited by toothaction on Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 03, 2013 4:16 pm

Wow! Never seen it before, and I have to say it's my favorite as well. Love the green sleeves and just bummed to have missed this auction.

Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Seemed like it went through a few cycles - I'd see it from time to time over a couple of months. What I didn't save was the actual link so I've no idea of what it eventually went for. Kinda curious.

Fri May 03, 2013 5:23 pm

I've seen the Giant Spaceman in other colors as well. Plenty of these big guys out there:

ImageImageImage

I know Mandarake buys a lot of these auctions up btw....

Fri May 03, 2013 5:24 pm

Holy crap! Where's that bottom picture saved from?

Fri May 03, 2013 5:33 pm

toothaction wrote:Holy crap! Where's that bottom picture saved from?

Here. organic posted it a long time ago...

Sat May 04, 2013 2:05 am

I was able to find out this was an official 1/1 commissioned back when these were released.

Lixx wrote:
toothaction wrote:Holy crap! Where's that bottom picture saved from?

Here. organic posted it a long time ago...

Here is the saved pic without my circle on it.

I was able to track one down in a trade.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:43 am

It is definitely cool to see all the Spaceman variants out there. I think a lot of them might be one offs, but was just a thought based on the small numbers of them out that seemed to have been made (and the paint changes in the ones I did see). I am glad to see a few have now made it into the hands of folks on here. I, too, will probably never have the cash to drop on one, but I love looking at the pics.

I think that one with the green arms is definitely my top choice from all that I have seen. This is one of those toys I really wish I had a time machine to go back for.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:04 pm

Just got these, you might want to use the Giganotosaurus for the database?

Flesh Carnotaurus

Flesh Giganotosaurus

Flesh Purakeriasu

...now if only someone could stuff one of those Spacemen in a Cracker Jack box, and send it to me, I'd be REALLY happy! ...I'm not picky, anyone of those will do :P

Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:08 am

Yeah I have to update that database, thanks for the pics Grace.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Great grabs, Grace! Now you just have to free them from their six long years of enbagitude.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:04 pm

I keep getting surprised at how many variants of the colours there are on the Buta dinos. I wonder how much larger the production number overall of them is (if at all) and if the paint choices was just random.

I'd love to be able to set up a whole prehistoric 'scene' with all the varieties of types and myriad of colours that these have.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:10 pm

More and more I'm digging those classic dinos. The header, the sculpt, all around throwback with charm.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:26 pm

ultrakaiju wrote:I keep getting surprised at how many variants of the colours there are on the Buta dinos. I wonder how much larger the production number overall of them is (if at all) and if the paint choices was just random.

I'd love to be able to set up a whole prehistoric 'scene' with all the varieties of types and myriad of colours that these have.

There is a closed universe of paint schemes on the Buta dinos from what I have seen. There are just some early versions that show up very infrequently.

I wish we would see more dinos from Buta. Hopefully the molds are not broken. A diorama-style display would be pretty cool... especially with some of the prehistoric sets released by Playmobil.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:31 pm

^^^ Dioramas would be fantastic! I'll have to look into the Playmobil ones you mentioned. I often fantasize about looking for old, beaten-up train set landscapes to repurpose but hve yet to start the hunt.
Post a reply