ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Comment King

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
Lalo wrote:
i'm on my last colossus on shadow of the colossus!
such an awesome game.

I bought the Collection having never played them before. I played Ico for 20 minutes and never went back. :oops:

I have this problem where if I start a game and don't play for a period a time, I'll never go back and finish it.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Line of Credit

Crab Rangoon wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:
a.tom wrote:
Just received Dark Souls :twisted: .
If I only had some friends . . .

I'm also playing Dark Souls, it definitely is tougher than Demon's Souls :x :lol:

Even though I'm not very experienced in co-op'ing or invading, I am pretty bummed that there are multiple servers and your gameplay is randomly distributed over them. It really does mean I have low chances of playing with any of my friends who have the game :x

If I'm not mistaken US, European and Japanese releases of the game all run on regional servers so there's no way to play a co-op between versions anyway (besides the random server distribution). Same logic applied to Demon's Souls too, making things even tougher (as if this game wasn't challenging enough as it is) :evil:

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:49 pm
Line of Credit

Aaron wrote:
Lalo wrote:
such an awesome game.

I bought the Collection having never played them before. I played Ico for 20 minutes and never went back. :oops:

I have this problem where if I start a game and don't play for a period a time, I'll never go back and finish it.

If you only played Ico for 20 mins you can easily go back and pick it up again without having to remember that much about the storyline, really worth playing through both games while waiting for Fumito Ueda's next one.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 pm
Prototype

I think my 60gb PS3 is gonna die soon. I can't play more than 3 games of NHL 12 till the game freezes :(

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Die-Cast

On Batman: I played the first and loved it. A little bit of rinse and repeat (in my opinion most games are.) Not so much it bothered it. It gave you a nice feeling of being Batman with some limitations.

That said, the second really ramps it up. I'm only like 5% in too. There's lots more side missions, the Riddlers part is a little more involved, and you can follow the main plot or hit multiple side missions OR just stalk around and jack up thugs. You REALLY get a good "I'M BATMAN!" feeling out of it. I can get lost in the damn game. The first feels like a demo almost of this. Like Assylum was just a test for this game. Again, I'm only like 5% in too so I can't wait to see what else comes up.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:43 pm
Addicted

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
On Batman: I played the first and loved it. A little bit of rinse and repeat (in my opinion most games are.) Not so much it bothered it. It gave you a nice feeling of being Batman with some limitations.

That said, the second really ramps it up. I'm only like 5% in too. There's lots more side missions, the Riddlers part is a little more involved, and you can follow the main plot or hit multiple side missions OR just stalk around and jack up thugs. You REALLY get a good "I'M BATMAN!" feeling out of it. I can get lost in the damn game. The first feels like a demo almost of this. Like Assylum was just a test for this game. Again, I'm only like 5% in too so I can't wait to see what else comes up.

I'm 19% in, and I feel like I've done so much already; thinking that I still have 81% of the game left makes it the best PS3 purchase I've ever made.

I like picking random henchmen to beat up, but fuck me sidesaddle if you don't freak out a little when you have to fight Solomon Grundy!

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Die-Cast

GAH SPOILER ALERT DUDE! I didn't KNOW about Grundy yet! My friend let a few other villains slip, I was so pissed. He was like "it's in the commercial" but I don't watch TV w/commercials GAH! I thought he MIGHT be in it but wasn't 100%. Damn, cool that he is though, aahhhhahaha! They've really slammed in a TON of villains.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:42 pm
Side Dealer

RudeBeast wrote:
If I'm not mistaken US, European and Japanese releases of the game all run on regional servers so there's no way to play a co-op between versions anyway (besides the random server distribution). Same logic applied to Demon's Souls too, making things even tougher (as if this game wasn't challenging enough as it is) :evil:

Yep. I have 3 friends stateside with the game, and am currently pretty much convinced that we'll just never happen to game with eachother. It could change, in the future, but for now I'm ok playing solo & possibly getting a random invader.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:40 pm
Line of Credit

Crab Rangoon wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

Yep. I have 3 friends stateside with the game, and am currently pretty much convinced that we'll just never happen to game with eachother. It could change, in the future, but for now I'm ok playing solo & possibly getting a random invader.

Yeah, sometimes I wish they'd added a straight on co-op option. The Dark Souls world is so good that you'd really love to co-op without all the hassle (and I'm sure that the challenge would still remain high with the likes of the capra demon).

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:45 am
Line of Credit

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
GAH SPOILER ALERT DUDE! I didn't KNOW about Grundy yet! My friend let a few other villains slip, I was so pissed. He was like "it's in the commercial" but I don't watch TV w/commercials GAH! I thought he MIGHT be in it but wasn't 100%. Damn, cool that he is though, aahhhhahaha! They've really slammed in a TON of villains.

Damn, I shouldn't be reading this thread. I wasn't considering picking this up but reading your comments is making me change my mind (and I'll finish up adding another title to the endless pile of games I should be sooner or later finding time to play) :evil: :lol:

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 am
Mini Boss

Aaron wrote:
Lalo wrote:
such an awesome game.

you best go back!
especially for shadow of the colossus!

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Batman is freakin awesome. I've played for a few hours just roaming around, picking off inmates and finding riddler trophies. Look at my completion and I'm at 0% total?! Granted I've done close to nothing story wise. It's just so awesome to get lost and try and find random tidbits here and there.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:12 am
Addicted

Batman AA got so repetive that I could not finish it though I like style and story very much. But those endless fights with mobs? That is why I will not get the new one . . .

Played Dark Souls all weekend . . . this game drains me :evil: . . . even dreamt of it . . . got cursed today and need a couple of thousand souls to get it removed. Oh well . . .

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:27 am
Line of Credit

gatchabert wrote:
I think my 60gb PS3 is gonna die soon. I can't play more than 3 games of NHL 12 till the game freezes :(

Are you sure it isn't a game bug?

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 pm
Prototype

RudeBeast wrote:
gatchabert wrote:

Are you sure it isn't a game bug?

I'm pretty sure.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Line of Credit

^^^ That sucks, I hope you've had it at least since launch period and played the hell out of it, I wasn't aware of PS3 freezes. I still have an xbox I hardly use and had it replaced twice due to similar issues but my PS3 hasn't fucked up... yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:29 pm
Die-Cast

a.tom wrote:
Batman AA got so repetive that I could not finish it though I like style and story very much. But those endless fights with mobs? That is why I will not get the new one . . .

I didn't find it annoying but I also really enjoyed all the fights and the parts where you stalk the armed baddies. I can see how someone might.

In City there is a bit more variation. For one it's a little more of an open world. There's lots of side missions, some are as dumb as "find all of these things around the city" and some are more involved like "you have 2 minutes to find a victim" or "use forensics to look for evidence to solve the mystery of the assassin." Also, the fights are back and they try to make them interesting. Other then always adding some extra element of danger (like a thug with better weapons or monsters, which they do) sometimes there's 1 guy you shouldn't totally whoop down on because he has info and you need to knock out all the rest first to interrogate him.

Like I said, Assylum I loved but felt like a demo to City being the full on thing.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:40 pm
Addicted

Sounds good, I will rent it to check it out when or better if I made it through Dark Souls.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:35 am
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
Sounds good, I will rent it to check it out when or better if I made it through Dark Souls.

:lol: I'm starting to doubt I'll make it through Dark Souls. Especially considering that the only reason why I made it through Demon's Souls is because another player helped me out with the last dragon. If I don't summon another player for the capra demon I'll need to grind for hours before I can even start fighting him melee.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:52 am
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:

:lol: I'm starting to doubt I'll make it through Dark Souls. Especially considering that the only reason why I made it through Demon's Souls is because another player helped me out with the last dragon. If I don't summon another player for the capra demon I'll need to grind for hours before I can even start fighting him melee.

When I first encountered the Capra Demon I felt despair! I was dead within the first 10 seconds. But do not get intimidated! He is a piece of cake once you killed the dogs! I beat him on my 3rd attempt!
Spoiler:
Try to kill the dogs right when you enter the fog. Then run up the stairs to the left. If one dog is left, kill it on top of the stairs. There is a small walkway to the right on top of the stairs - go there and wait. The Demon will eventually follow you but you have enough time for a flask. If he comes for you wait till he is really close and then drop down. He will take 2-5 seconds to drop down too. Learn this pattern - he will drop down and stand there with his back exposed to you. Hit him a few times. Then raise your shield and run up the stairs. Repeat.
Really, as soon as the dogs are dead, he should be no problem. :twisted:

hope this helps,
tom

PS: My dex build was about level 22 when I did this. :wink:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:50 am
Toy Prince

In 2 hrs. Ill be in line for the midnight launch of battlefield 3. Gotta love being a day ahead of the mainland. :)

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 am
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

When I first encountered the Capra Demon I felt despair! I was dead within the first 10 seconds. But do not get intimidated! He is a piece of cake once you killed the dogs! I beat him on my 3rd attempt!
hope this helps,
tom

PS: My dex build was about level 22 when I did this. :wink:

Thanks man, I'll definitely focus on him and get him out of the way asap. Everytime I enter that room I'm dead in a handful of seconds :lol:
But yes the dogs are a pain and need to be taken care of :twisted:

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:40 am
Side Dealer

a.tom wrote:

Played Dark Souls all weekend . . . this game drains me :evil: . . . even dreamt of it . . . got cursed today and need a couple of thousand souls to get it removed. Oh well . . .

So glad I never actually got cursed. I keep thinking about visiting the guy in the bell tower to just have a curse cure (at a reasonable cost) just in case... but I never go back & buy it :lol:

Capra Demon sucked originally, but I can't imagine navigating that space AND effectively dodging if I was crammed in there with a summoned player too. That space is just too small for me to comfortably tackle a boss in - and the range of my Estoc made dog killing total bullshit :x

Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:18 pm
Line of Credit

Skyrim update.

New trailer with concept art transitioning into in-game graphics. I've got goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm54y82tUBY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

+ Live action commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AenlOEXao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:02 am
Mini Boss

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 101  Next