ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Addicted

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
MW3 campaign is super short. Beat it in 4 hours. I must say.. Brian Tyler did a crap job on the game soundtrack.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Click the link for my review of MW3. SPOILER ALERT!!!

http://vanwilderlife.tumblr.com/

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 pm
Line of Credit

Starting Skyrim now! :D :D :D goodbye life...

Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm
Line of Credit

justin wrote:
MW3 campaign is super short. Beat it in 4 hours. I must say.. Brian Tyler did a crap job on the game soundtrack.

Ah that sucks, I've only played the first mission and was hoping for a regular 10 hrs...

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 am
Side Dealer

Deadbone wrote:
Starting Skyrim now! :D :D :D goodbye life...

For some people, "goodbye wife"

a.tom wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:
Still in the middle of Dark Souls... Marketing aside this must be one of the toughest games I have ever played. The sense of desolation and hopeless progress is second to none.

I hear you. I am in Blighttown and it is depressing.

What?! These aren't words of a Demon's Souls veteran! Buck up, sir!
I ran through Blight Town to obtain some armor & stuff prematurely... at SL1 :lol: It sure made the initial areas you tackle in the game a bit easier.

Took down Quelaag at SL11 IIRC, flying solo, total pain in the ass :x but absolutely worth the 20-24x I died while trying. Having my Pyro Hand at +10, and being decked out with Great Chaos Fireball, Combustion, and Greater Combustion means I take the Gargoyle bosses & the Capra Demon out in 2-3 blows - good shit!

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:12 am
Line of Credit

Ugh!!!! So many games.....so little time. Skyrim today, then next tuesday UMVC3 & Halo CE Anniversary?!?!

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Can't wait for Halo Anniversary

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Geekabilly wrote:
Can't wait for Halo Anniversary

Almost that time! 10 years I still cannot believe it!

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:53 pm
Addicted

Crab Rangoon wrote:
What?! These aren't words of a Demon's Souls veteran! Buck up, sir!

Aye Aye :twisted:
(but it is still too much like 4-1 in DS)

Crab Rangoon wrote:
I ran through Blight Town to obtain some armor & stuff prematurely... at SL1 :lol: It sure made the initial areas you tackle in the game a bit easier.

Took down Quelaag at SL11 IIRC, flying solo, total pain in the ass :x but absolutely worth the 20-24x I died while trying. Having my Pyro Hand at +10, and being decked out with Great Chaos Fireball, Combustion, and Greater Combustion means I take the Gargoyle bosses & the Capra Demon out in 2-3 blows - good shit!

Wow. I bow to you.
I still have no pyros.
Was planning on a dex built but it seems that you cannot get an S stag on a standard weapon in Dark Souls. Started to invest into intelligence lately.

Last edited by a.tom on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 am
Comment King

SKYRIM

Completely engrossed. Put in 19 hours this weekend, got 2 1/2 hours of sleep for work today.
Need skyrim
Oh skyrim
Skyrim
Take me
I am yours

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

my bro got me a copy of umvc3 on friday and i've been playing since. pretty good game so far.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:17 pm
Toy Prince

Must... Stop... Playing... SKYRIIIIIIIM!!!

Ah, a couple more hours wont kill me (will it?).

(XBL tag: Vinyl Kaiju)

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:09 pm
Super Deformed

Playing MW3...you can find me on XBOX LIVE (kevlo9)

Just a heads up...I suck ;)

KFHC

KEVLO flickr

Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Was playing Battlefield 3 and then picked up Modern Warfare 3 and the loser would get sold for Skyrim. So, anybody wanna buy a copy of MW3 for PS3?

May have to sell both, Skyrim leaves no time for other games.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:13 pm
Side Dealer

Thankfully, I won't be buying or playing Skyrim. I just can't get behind it, I tried Marrowind like a decade ago, and totally fucking hated it. I thought Skyrim would make me reconsider the ES series once again, but I try watching people streaming the game on twitch.tv and just don't get it. Watching my friend play at home the other day for like 20 minutes bored me to death :x but I'd rather people play that than WoW.

a.tom wrote:
Was planning on a dex built but it seems that you cannot get an S stag on a standard weapon in Dark Souls. Started to invest into intelligence lately.

I actually am SL30 now, I with my only investments being 16 VIT, 22 END, 19 ATT, 12 STR, 14 DEX and nothing else. Goal is to push my ATT to 23, STR to 14, VIT to 20, and then just pump DEX some more. I rely on Pyro's for NPC/Phantom/Boss slaying, as my Pyro Hand is Ascended +5 (taken to +10, ascended, then to +5) and burns pretty good - but for weapons it's all about Bandit's Dagger, Estoc, (and soon) Ricard's Rapier.

Daggers & rapiers have DEX scaling, but I really haven't researched A or S scaling. I finally hit Sen's Fortress last night, at SL27, and decided my Battle Axe +10 just doesn't do enough damage or swing fast enough to save my skin... had to switch to Bandit's Dagger +10 and resort to backstabs. 2 hits takes all the Man-Serpents down that way :mrgreen: What SL are you, and what point on the game are you at now?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:42 am
Comment King

palepoli wrote:
Skyrim leaves no time for other games.

What other games?

http://m.kotaku.com/5860342/some-sound-advice-for-a-neglected-skyrim-girlfriend

We are not alone!

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Kevlo9 wrote:
Playing MW3...you can find me on XBOX LIVE (kevlo9)

Just a heads up...I suck ;)

Expect a friend request from beardojones2011.

My buddy and I will be diving into some kill confirmed tonight around 7:30 if anyone is interested.

Wanted | For Sale | Trade Bait

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 am
Line of Credit

Oh boy, I just love being killed by someone who is under the map. :roll: Glitches are starting to show up. They really need to run a beta for the MW games. This is just getting ridiculous.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

the n00bs that try to glitch on outpost don't do it right, so they bunch up waiting to do it. love racking up kill streaks when they think they're safe. mw3 needs another update though.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Prototype

Crab Rangoon wrote:
... I'd rather people play that than WoW.

Have you played WoW?

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Prototype

So...after gaining the first 4-5 levels in Castleville...yes, Castleville on Facebook...I posted this as my status update:
I want to make an anti-social social facebook game so I don't have to bother any of my friends to help me make a sofa, or a trough, or get ore, and it will have no energy limit so people can play it all day if they want to.

To all you guys that have facebook, could you click "Like".

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

Crab Rangoon wrote:
Thankfully, I won't be buying or playing Skyrim. I just can't get behind it, I tried Marrowind like a decade ago, and totally fucking hated it. I thought Skyrim would make me reconsider the ES series once again, but I try watching people streaming the game on twitch.tv and just don't get it. Watching my friend play at home the other day for like 20 minutes bored me to death :x but I'd rather people play that than WoW.

a.tom wrote:

I actually am SL30 now, I with my only investments being 16 VIT, 22 END, 19 ATT, 12 STR, 14 DEX and nothing else. Goal is to push my ATT to 23, STR to 14, VIT to 20, and then just pump DEX some more. I rely on Pyro's for NPC/Phantom/Boss slaying, as my Pyro Hand is Ascended +5 (taken to +10, ascended, then to +5) and burns pretty good - but for weapons it's all about Bandit's Dagger, Estoc, (and soon) Ricard's Rapier.

Daggers & rapiers have DEX scaling, but I really haven't researched A or S scaling. I finally hit Sen's Fortress last night, at SL27, and decided my Battle Axe +10 just doesn't do enough damage or swing fast enough to save my skin... had to switch to Bandit's Dagger +10 and resort to backstabs. 2 hits takes all the Man-Serpents down that way :mrgreen: What SL are you, and what point on the game are you at now?

Wow, you really built some heavy weapons - how did you get all the titanites for this?
I could not to play too much at all and won't be playing for another month cause I am on a business trip right now.
I just went in every possible direction once to check it out but did not stand a chance in the catacombs or downstairs from firelink without a devine or a cursed weapon. So I had to go the obvious route . . . slayed the gargoyles, taurus, hydra, butterfly and whatshisface in the depths. Was in blighttown when I had to quit. I am at soul level 35 and my only boosted equipment is my +7 scimitar. I do not really see why I should have any other weapon but a standard scimitar +15 (and a divine and a cursed weapon cause you have to have them for certain areas (both yet to get)) since maxed standards seem to be the strongest with the right built!?
Hey, is this big patch already out yet?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm
Addicted

Nate wrote:
Oh boy, I just love being killed by someone who is under the map. :roll: Glitches are starting to show up. They really need to run a beta for the MW games. This is just getting ridiculous.

played tonight. people can still glitch, but they explode or automatic suicide once they are off the map :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

a.tom wrote:
Wow, you really built some heavy weapons - how did you get all the titanites for this?
I could not to play too much at all and won't be playing for another month cause I am on a business trip right now.

I actually got plenty of Titanite shards from killing Black Knights & the undead knights (greatsword & rapiers) in Undead Parish. Also, they are only 800 souls per purchase at the Parish blacksmith, so I purchased many as well. I've farmed a LOT of Green Titanite Shards & Titanite Chunks from the slimes that drop down in the Sewers - run back & forth down the hall at the bonfire & nuke them with pyro, having some Humanity will go a LONG way for item drops. I typically have between 5-19 points in Humanity for the sake of item discovery.

a.tom wrote:
I do not really see why I should have any other weapon but a standard scimitar +15 (and a divine and a cursed weapon cause you have to have them for certain areas (both yet to get)) since maxed standards seem to be the strongest with the right built!?
Hey, is this big patch already out yet?

You'll notice a lot of weapon advantages later. Rapiers, estoc, spears, and winged spears all allow for you to defend with your shield up while simultaneously attacking - not to mention that they've all got a pretty good reach. I'm not personally into any of the heavy damage, heavy weight swords - it just doesn't match my character at all. A greatsword +5 may strike twice for a total of 450 damage, meanwhile in the same amount ot time I could strike 7x with my dagger +10 and get 500 damage. Different strokes, I guess, just do what you like. Katanas definitely seem to suck more in this game than in Demon's Souls, though - I was sorta looking forward to them until I realized there is no possible slashing/bleeding damage to modify to them.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:08 pm
Line of Credit

justin wrote:
Nate wrote:

played tonight. people can still glitch, but they explode or automatic suicide once they are off the map :lol:

Haha, was that from a new patch or update? I can live with that. That way all the glitchers will just rage quit after not being able to get kills legit. :lol:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 101  Next