ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:26 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Line of Credit

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
Crab Rangoon wrote:
Also, regarding upgrading your boss-soul weapons to +5 - you're only needing Demon Titanite. Get yourself at/over 10 Humanity and equip the Gold Serpent Ring. With 410 item discovery, you will be able to just kill the Titanite Demon that respawns in Lost Izalith (the only one who respawns) until you have enough to finish your weaps off. Which weapons are you using anyway? Didn't realize you were using unique's, thought you were using elementals.

Yep, I knew about the titanite demon respawn but I really wanted to try and end the NG+ so now I can dedicate ++ to all the upgrades and pvp :)
I'm still using the lightning haldberd +5 (remains my favorite) but aiming at the dragonslayer spear. And using the greatshield of Astoria I'd like to upgrade to +5 (currently +2). Armour is still the black metal set, all +5.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:20 pm
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
I too just recently switched to a boss weapon. Abandoned my Scimitar for Queelag's fury sword. It is at +4 but I need more practice before I can up it to 5 - these last two prowling titanite demons at Sen's Fortress are still taking me apart . . .

And how's it going with the boss weapon compared to elemental? Do you find it's better?

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:22 pm
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:
And how's it going with the boss weapon compared to elemental? Do you find it's better?

Well it will outbid the scimitar +15 in damage and I just had to invest in a little endurance so I can keep up my speed (having below 1/4 of my equipment burden so I still roll and run like a squirrel :P ). So I can do like 6 slashes with a damage value of 360 on one stamina bar :twisted: . . . and it looks flipping great!
After the patch the scimitar got an A scaling on Dex at +14 but the fury sword still scales at B - so I might switch back once it makes sense . . .

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:42 pm
Prototype

igrrl wrote:
Finished Batman a while ago, well as much as I wanted to, and I'm taking a short break from games with extensive plots. I'm currently revisiting old favorites like Vib Ribon and Curry House CoCo Ichibaniya. After reading the latest information about Bioshock Infinite it's time to reinstall System Shock 2. Not sure if it's going to work anymore but why not give it try.

Coco...I wish they would open one up here :(
System Shock 2...awesome!! I hope you get it running.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Addicted

MW3 shotguns are getting fixed

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

gatchabert wrote:
Coco...I wish they would open one up here :(
System Shock 2...awesome!! I hope you get it running.

I've always been curious about Coco Ichibaniya, even more so after playing the game. Actually got System Shock 2 to work so I'll have something to play for a while.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:32 pm
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

Well it will outbid the scimitar +15 in damage and I just had to invest in a little endurance so I can keep up my speed (having below 1/4 of my equipment burden so I still roll and run like a squirrel :P ). So I can do like 6 slashes with a damage value of 360 on one stamina bar :twisted: . . . and it looks flipping great!
After the patch the scimitar got an A scaling on Dex at +14 but the fury sword still scales at B - so I might switch back once it makes sense . . .

Ok cool, I'm just asking because I've essentially been using the whole time a lightning haldberd +5 but would like to try the dragonslayer spear and was wondering if soul weapons are better than elemental when it comes to dmg... I thought that soul weapons were the most powerful in the game but that may be something I made up :lol:
I've avoided up until now to read wiki or other websites as much as possible in order to explore and experiment within the game without exactly knowing the outcome, that's why I still have doubts like this one.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 am
Side Dealer

atom/rudebeast: If you have good stats for the scaling of it, Quelaag's Fury Sword is great. It's reach isn't puny, strikes are quick, and it has VERY little toll on your stamina. I'm currently using (for PVP only) the upgraded Darkmoon Blade miracle on my Shotel +15 / Balder Sword +15 / Great Scythe +15.

Can I ask why you're upgrading the Greatshield of Artorias? It only upgrades it's damage when you R2 shield-bash.. it doesn't help the DEF or stability. Just making sure you noticed that :) it's a great shield, but only if you have an absolute TON of END because it weighs more than the average heavy armor :lol:

atom, are you doing a lot of PVP? If so, what areas are the hotspots for strict PVP? On the US servers it's Undead Burg, the Forest, Anor Londo, and Painted World.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 am
Addicted

I do not do any PVP at all on my first playthrough . . . well of course I get invaded whenever I kindle a bonfire and have to go unhollow :wink: - and I get my ass handed almost each time :evil: . Just today I got invaded in the catacombs - this guy attacked me with a scythe and I did not stand a chance . . . well, being attacked by skelletons at the same time did not help either.
What level cap do you use for PVP?

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:38 am
Line of Credit

Crab Rangoon wrote:
atom/rudebeast: If you have good stats for the scaling of it, Quelaag's Fury Sword is great. It's reach isn't puny, strikes are quick, and it has VERY little toll on your stamina. I'm currently using (for PVP only) the upgraded Darkmoon Blade miracle on my Shotel +15 / Balder Sword +15 / Great Scythe +15.
Can I ask why you're upgrading the Greatshield of Artorias? It only upgrades it's damage when you R2 shield-bash.. it doesn't help the DEF or stability. Just making sure you noticed that :) it's a great shield, but only if you have an absolute TON of END because it weighs more than the average heavy armor :lol:

I actually didn't, thanks for pointing that out! :) I'll just go for weapon upgrade.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:02 am
Comment King

Damn.. I guess I'm not the only one still heavy into this game then. Thanks for the help everyone, managed to clear out most of Anor Londo now, just grinding a little back by the first bonfire before taking on the bosses for the 3rd time, might have to call in two summons as opposed to the 1 + Solaire. I've got the Queelag fury sword at +4 and my level is at 52 so i should be alright?

Crab Rangoon wrote:
GoldenArmKid wrote:
Anyone else still going strong on Dark Souls? only got to get into it towards the end of the Christmas holidays and it's totally consumed me. Slogging through Sen's tower right now must be hitting it for the 6th time.

... all day, every day. Wish I was joking :x

Any chance you play on the NA servers, or are you staying native? I only play NA, but if you're on my servers we can definitely hook up for whatever help you need. I'm getting bored, and now I just spend all day invading others and awaiting invasions. Sometimes if it's slow, I'll hit "invade" and go make a drink or snack while waiting, only to have my girlfriend call me back to the room "you're being invaded / you're being summoned!" :lol:

a.tom: are you on Euro servers, or NA?

Not sure what server I'm on, how do i check? either way my psn id is GoldenArmKid if you want to hit me up

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:38 pm
Mini Boss

just downloaded Ghosts n' Goblins for 800 wii points. :shock: either i am getting really old, or that stuff is a lot harder than i remember it being...

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 pm
Side Dealer

I have it on the Wii also. It's not as easy as I remember either. :lol:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 pm
Addicted

silver_lining_man wrote:
just downloaded Ghosts n' Goblins for 800 wii points. :shock: either i am getting really old, or that stuff is a lot harder than i remember it being...

i don't think its ever been easy. i wonder if they fixed the spelling errors in for the end on the Wii version. I hope not.

Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:08 am
Side Dealer

a.tom wrote:
What level cap do you use for PVP?

I don't use a level cap. For PVP, I have the following characters: SL15, SL40, SL99. I should also have a SL75-80 and another SL50ish in the near future. To be honest, the SL15 is the most fun. It's practically just kick/parry practice :lol:

T.J. wrote:
silver_lining_man wrote:

i don't think its ever been easy. i wonder if they fixed the spelling errors in for the end on the Wii version. I hope not.

Yeah, I'd never call a Makaimura title easy. I've beat Ghouls n' Ghosts on my Wii, but never beat Ghosts n' Goblins ever :evil:
I remember renting Maximo: Ghosts to Glory when I was younger and getting frustrated with it - but at the time I never knew it was tied to the other G&G titles.

GoldenArmKid wrote:
Damn.. I guess I'm not the only one still heavy into this game then. Thanks for the help everyone, managed to clear out most of Anor Londo now, just grinding a little back by the first bonfire before taking on the bosses for the 3rd time, might have to call in two summons as opposed to the 1 + Solaire. I've got the Queelag fury sword at +4 and my level is at 52 so i should be alright?

I'm unsure how to know what servers you play on. If you bought the domestic AU copy of the game, then you're playing on international servers rather than NA. I think that Rudebeast had both NA & EU copies of his Demon's Souls game - and that he was playing on both depending on the time of day. I only have NA copies of the games.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 am
Line of Credit

Crab Rangoon wrote:
I'm unsure how to know what servers you play on. If you bought the domestic AU copy of the game, then you're playing on international servers rather than NA. I think that Rudebeast had both NA & EU copies of his Demon's Souls game - and that he was playing on both depending on the time of day. I only have NA copies of the games.

I have indeed both copies of Demon's Souls as I started playing on an import US copy months before the EU version was released. Then some mates of mine picked up the EU so in order to catch up and play with them I finished buying both :)
Demon's Souls was region free, so the each region had dedicated servers: no way that I was aware of to pick where you wanted to play.
As far as Dark Souls goes I'm not quite sure if it's region free and if you can play on different servers althought I doubt you can. Namco finished up releasing this pretty much same time everywhere so I just went for EU this time around.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 am
Addicted

Best fighter there is, SOUL CALIBUR 5!!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:32 am
Line of Credit

Martoy Black wrote:

Love Soul Calibur, certainly one of the most immediate fighters out there. Still need to check this latest version.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 am
Addicted

Well I had my doubts this was going to surpass Soul Calibur 3 but it might just do the trick^^ Never liked 4.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:53 am
Addicted

Anybody else is waiting for Diablo 3!!??

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:55 am
Line of Credit

Martoy Black wrote:
Anybody else is waiting for Diablo 3!!??

yep, can't wait. going for a console version, possibly ps3.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am
Side Dealer

I'm Wyatt behind on times... Barely picked up arkham asylum... It's pretty damn good... I have arkham city on the way to run through after this

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:16 am
Comment King

i'm even way-er behind... i just picked up zelda: skyward sword this weekend. had to by a new, fancy remote just to play it!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

Martoy Black wrote:

my bro ended up getting a really early copy of sc5 and he loves it. he said online play is really good too. i wonder if thats going to change once the game is released.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 pm
Addicted

anyone on pc i recommend the witcher 2! top notch game!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 101  Next