ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:14 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 85  Next
 MISHKA 
Post Pimp

Post Re: MISHKA
that's a really fun video. Makes me want to take a trip down to NYC!

WANTS

TRADES

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:01 am
Addicted

So is the BxH collab in stores now?

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 am
Addicted

brobles wrote:
that's a really fun video. Makes me want to take a trip down to NYC!

Come on down brother NYC is a trip and a half :lol:

I dont think the shirts are aval. Yet...

you can email them and ask...

Instagram: Monsterisland

Bay handle: Therealmonsterislandnyc...

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:38 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

That was a great video

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 am
Side Dealer

LamourSupreme wrote:
slipstar01 wrote:

do me a favor and keep your comments to pyro to pms. It's getting kinda tired.

He come's to Skullbrain, and shits all over this place from the very beginning, and it all just keeps getting swept under the rug. When you say "c'mon you guys Pyro is a great guy" I translate it into, "He spends a shitload of money with Mishka, so I don't really care what he does to the board".

He started out on the forums, with "Hey guys, me and Lamour are best friends in real life, can anyone sell me any of his toys" I'm guessing the 2 of you had met at comic con, right?

Next he starts posting photos of Japanese toys, but the catch is Western toys are scattered everywhere. My wife collects some western stuff, and there are a couple of artists, that have made toys, that I own, so I have no real problem with that, but when I shoot any toys, I take care to make sure they are all out of the photos, because this isn't a western forum.

He bought doubles of the hard to obtain Mishka Spiderman bootleg, and then when confronted he defended himself, saying that people don't care anywhere else, and this is the way of the world, he was obviously wrong, and wouldn't cop to it. He bought it as trade/flip bait and couldn't understand the problem with that. So after people chided him, he said he understood, and wouldn't do it anymore.

So what was his next Faux Pas? He flipped the limited, Mishka Zag, for a 300 dollar profit, and instead of having the class that Grizili had when he flipped a couple of toys, Pyro had to lie about it. I seem to recall you saying you would check into things when you got home. You later wrote he explained the whole situation to you, and you believed him. Well the truth came out, and either he lied to you, or you lied to everyone here, because Pyro was Yukonfink.

He started calling himself a painter and a sculptor when everything he painted was a carbon clone of something you had done, and a poorly painted clone, at that. I once tried to offer him advice about airbrushing, and he basically said, he didn't need any help, and the shit he makes looks the way it does because he wants it too. Well I'm not doing anything amazing myself, but I'm more than eager to receive any advice I can about painting.

When he put up his Paul Kaiju Nag as trade bait for another Nag I called him out about it. He wrote me and said he traded his 4 eyed Tara Nag for it, because someone really, really, wanted it. But he doesn't like Milky vinyl so he didn't want the PK nag. He also said he doesn't collect Paul's toys because "They aren't my style". But 2 weeks later he was all over every facet of Paul's life.

He trade flips everything, to get anything he wants, and when it's not the "In" thing that everyone talks about anymore, he sells it on E-bay at a huge profit, instead of offering openly on the forums here. He's got doubles of some insane toys, that people here are foaming at the mouth to get, and he's using them as A:Trade bait, or B: E-bay sales fodder.

Pyro sold a shit ton of Grody toys on E-bay, under his girlfriends name, I know this because I bid on his auction, and asked for his contact info, and Ebay sent it to me. 2 Minutes after I mentioned him flipping them here, my bid was cancelled. I also think it's fucked up that he used Paul's name as a tag word to sell his grody toys. I wasn't looking for pyro when I found that out, but it was him.

He tries to be shady about everything that he does and fails at every turn, but he's still accepted, so what can I say, it pisses me off. I don't get why he's gotten a pass this far, but more people need to start calling him out.

My Want's List is as follows:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38572

2 Face, or OG Nag, any except R. Fink tribute.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Side Dealer

Also I respect your work Lamour, your an amazing artist, and I've loved your art for a very long time, but nothing I wrote was anything less than the truth. I get a LOT of PM's about Pyro already, it's time more people start expressing how they're feeling out in the open. I'm a very honest person, it's taken a lot to get to this point in my life, but now dishonesty is one thing that drives me crazy. Pyro needs to stop the lies, and just be honest about what he's doing. I could actually respect that.

My Want's List is as follows:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38572

2 Face, or OG Nag, any except R. Fink tribute.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 am
Profile YIM WWW
Mini Boss

I agree with a lot, if not all, of what Slipstar is saying but this might not be the best place to say it. Let's leave the Mishka thread alone from the negativity, no matter how true it might be, and keep the flipper talk to the flipper thread.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:01 am
Fresh Meat

Is there a special newsletter for the bootlegs? Did the Skinner one already sell out?

M.O.T.U.K.O. (WonderFest '12 Summer)

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:23 am
Side Dealer

ullar77 wrote:
Is there a special newsletter for the bootlegs? Did the Skinner one already sell out?

Read back in this thread for info. I remembered 18 minutes to late but I wish you all luck, this is truly a great Bootleg.

wants: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36685

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:32 am
Mini Boss

Just to reiterate because there are always new people finding out about our newsletter, please contact Greg Mishka and ask him to put you on the Ghost Cave mailing list if you didn't get this Skinner bootleg notice. It's not an exclusive list. All you have to do is ask to be put on.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Theres a flipper thread?! I want to see!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

congrats to those who managed to score... looks like the intraweb post man forgot to deliver my winning email... that bastard.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:02 pm
Fresh Meat

LamourSupreme wrote:
Just to reiterate because there are always new people finding out about our newsletter, please contact Greg Mishka and ask him to put you on the Ghost Cave mailing list if you didn't get this Skinner bootleg notice. It's not an exclusive list. All you have to do is ask to be put on.

Thanks for the info Lamour! Hopefully I can score a bootleg soon.

M.O.T.U.K.O. (WonderFest '12 Summer)

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:03 pm
Comment King

Have web lottery winners been notified yet? If so, congrats to anyone who scored and better luck next time to me.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:07 pm
Addicted

Just sent out web announcements. Remaining will be in the store. Thanks!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

LamourSupreme wrote:

Right so please send me your EMAIL and say, Please add me. Do not have me ask, I know its a little thing, but its annoying. If you start asking me without sending me your email I going to start just saying NO. :twisted:

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

BUMMER. Congrats to those that won!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm
Toy Prince

slipstar01 wrote:
LamourSupreme wrote:
slipstar01 wrote:

do me a favor and keep your comments to pyro to pms. It's getting kinda tired.

He come's to Skullbrain, and shits all over this place from the very beginning, and it all just keeps getting swept under the rug. When you say "c'mon you guys Pyro is a great guy" I translate it into, "He spends a shitload of money with Mishka, so I don't really care what he does to the board".

He started out on the forums, with "Hey guys, me and Lamour are best friends in real life, can anyone sell me any of his toys" I'm guessing the 2 of you had met at comic con, right?

Next he starts posting photos of Japanese toys, but the catch is Western toys are scattered everywhere. My wife collects some western stuff, and there are a couple of artists, that have made toys, that I own, so I have no real problem with that, but when I shoot any toys, I take care to make sure they are all out of the photos, because this isn't a western forum.

He bought doubles of the hard to obtain Mishka Spiderman bootleg, and then when confronted he defended himself, saying that people don't care anywhere else, and this is the way of the world, he was obviously wrong, and wouldn't cop to it. He bought it as trade/flip bait and couldn't understand the problem with that. So after people chided him, he said he understood, and wouldn't do it anymore.

So what was his next Faux Pas? He flipped the limited, Mishka Zag, for a 300 dollar profit, and instead of having the class that Grizili had when he flipped a couple of toys, Pyro had to lie about it. I seem to recall you saying you would check into things when you got home. You later wrote he explained the whole situation to you, and you believed him. Well the truth came out, and either he lied to you, or you lied to everyone here, because Pyro was Yukonfink.

He started calling himself a painter and a sculptor when everything he painted was a carbon clone of something you had done, and a poorly painted clone, at that. I once tried to offer him advice about airbrushing, and he basically said, he didn't need any help, and the shit he makes looks the way it does because he wants it too. Well I'm not doing anything amazing myself, but I'm more than eager to receive any advice I can about painting.

When he put up his Paul Kaiju Nag as trade bait for another Nag I called him out about it. He wrote me and said he traded his 4 eyed Tara Nag for it, because someone really, really, wanted it. But he doesn't like Milky vinyl so he didn't want the PK nag. He also said he doesn't collect Paul's toys because "They aren't my style". But 2 weeks later he was all over every facet of Paul's life.

He trade flips everything, to get anything he wants, and when it's not the "In" thing that everyone talks about anymore, he sells it on E-bay at a huge profit, instead of offering openly on the forums here. He's got doubles of some insane toys, that people here are foaming at the mouth to get, and he's using them as A:Trade bait, or B: E-bay sales fodder.

Pyro sold a shit ton of Grody toys on E-bay, under his girlfriends name, I know this because I bid on his auction, and asked for his contact info, and Ebay sent it to me. 2 Minutes after I mentioned him flipping them here, my bid was cancelled. I also think it's fucked up that he used Paul's name as a tag word to sell his grody toys. I wasn't looking for pyro when I found that out, but it was him.

He tries to be shady about everything that he does and fails at every turn, but he's still accepted, so what can I say, it pisses me off. I don't get why he's gotten a pass this far, but more people need to start calling him out.

for reals!!! Blah blah blah.... Too Much guy!!! And don't you know.. I'ts who you know, not what you know!!!!

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 pm
Comment King

So back to Mishka and toys...did anyone on the board win the Skinner lottery?

Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:57 pm
Toy Prince

no luck here. Unless there's a email that was intended to get to me didn't . LOL

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:20 pm
Mini Boss

Thanks to all who came out. Had fun afterwards too. Great seeing everyone and even more of a reminder why these get togethers need to be more regular

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

LamourSupreme wrote:
Thanks to all who came out. Had fun afterwards too. Great seeing everyone and even more of a reminder why these get togethers need to be more regular

I need to be kept in the loop.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 am
Addicted

I totally spaced on going over to Mishka for this. Didn't realize until I saw pictures start popping up on instagram. :lol:

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:34 am
Mini Boss

useless toys wrote:
LamourSupreme wrote:

I need to be kept in the loop.

Ed, are you on the mailing list? If not, get on it.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 85  Next