ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:39 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Line of Credit

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
I Am The Fourth wrote:
damaged Bryan wrote:
No More Heroes was one of my favorite games ever.
No More Heroes 2 made me a sad panda.
Killer 7 I hated the first time I played it and then it just clicked like whoa, and I've been a Suda fan ever since.

Dude yeah. Killer7 is still a game I don't think that will ever be replicated. So bizarre, taboo and badass. Ending was a mindf*** too!
No More Heroes was like Suda's Kill Bill. Everything in it and was awesome. Great ending also. Fourth wall breaking to the max!

Ah guys, you're making me want to pick these up and play them... I may still have a Wii copy of No More Heroes somewhere at home... if only I didn't have a tall pile of PS3 games I need to finish or even start...

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 am
S7 Royalty

I'm looking for a good dungeon crawler for the PS3. I read Dungeon Siege has got a disappointing item list and Dungeon Hunter isn't too much fun with long load times... Any other recommendations? I'm looking for something relatively mindless such as the PS2 Baldur's Gate games... Just lots of opportunities to get loot and not think too much (which is why Demon's Soul and its crazy difficulty might not make it for me).

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:41 pm
Toy Prince

Lord of the Rings: War in the North was made by Snowblind (who made BG:DA and the two Champions of Norrath games) but it got kind of repetitive towards the end. You can pick up War in the North pretty cheaply (CE even) these days though so there's that. Alternatively you could try out the Marvel:Ultimate Alliance games (middling, IMO), Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom and also Sacred 2 although S2 isn't exactly mindless.

I've played through all of them and, to be honest, none are quite as good as the dungeon crawlers of last gen. If I had to pick one out of those listed, I'd go with War in the North.

Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 am
Comment King

I Am The Fourth wrote:
damaged Bryan wrote:
Killer 7 I hated the first time I played it and then it just clicked like whoa, and I've been a Suda fan ever since.

Dude yeah. Killer7 is still a game I don't think that will ever be replicated. So bizarre, taboo and badass. Ending was a mindf*** too!

No More Heroes was like Suda's Kill Bill. Everything in it and was awesome. Great ending also. Fourth wall breaking to the max!

Loved the ending of Killer 7, loved the ending of NMH too. Gotta say I'm loving LPC too. My wife fell asleep on the couch and I started the 2nd level and she got pissed because people were just yelling and cussing.
Classic Suda.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

damaged Bryan wrote:
I Am The Fourth wrote:
damaged Bryan wrote:

Loved the ending of Killer 7, loved the ending of NMH too. Gotta say I'm loving LPC too. My wife fell asleep on the couch and I started the 2nd level and she got pissed because people were just yelling and cussing.
Classic Suda.

Just started this the other night. It reminds me of a mix between No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned. Freaking loving it, but it can never be too over the top for me. If you haven't played a Grasshopper game, maybe start with No More Heroes for the Wii (the motion controls just make it a blast to play). Grasshopper's always great in my book though, because even if they made a game that wasn't absolutely great, at least they're trying something different. We need that more in console gaming.

Other than that, finished up Earthbound (Mother 2), and it was truly awesome. I'm even leaning toward it being my favorite RPG ever, if not the best I've ever played. It's really that good. Played through Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Limbo, and after Lollipop Chainsaw I'll take on Lone Survivor.

I got them wants in spades.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

On the old school we beat Super Mario Lost Levels after what seems like forever (probably 6 months playing once a week), and then we laid waste to Ghouls and Ghosts on Genesis, so now we are starting on Ninja Gaiden 3. Which for those not in the know, Tecmo made those games insanely hard.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

i love breaking out the old school games, too. just started up another round of "vagrant story"... i hate it that i love the weapon system in that game.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

sbbenhcs wrote:
i love breaking out the old school games, too. just started up another round of "vagrant story"... i hate it that i love the weapon system in that game.

Now that is a game I would like to play a remake of. Keep everything the same, just redo the graphics.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:48 am
Post Pimp

Vagrant Story was one of Squares most under-rated games. Great graphics and style with cinematics. But damn was the game tough...

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

petitetoilonrouge wrote:
I'm looking for a good dungeon crawler for the PS3. I read Dungeon Siege has got a disappointing item list and Dungeon Hunter isn't too much fun with long load times... Any other recommendations? I'm looking for something relatively mindless such as the PS2 Baldur's Gate games... Just lots of opportunities to get loot and not think too much (which is why Demon's Soul and its crazy difficulty might not make it for me).

You should give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a try. It is an easy Hack N Slay RPG with loot dropping from almost every mob (like Diablo, but a little more gameplay, interaction and story).

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:55 pm
Super Deformed

Fellow fighting game nerds, take note -- EVO 2012 is on right now, finals are Sunday night. I know what I'm doing all weekend and it's not mowing the lawn or going to the beach.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/07/06/evo-201 ... ming-live/

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 pm
Line of Credit

I'm trying to follow as much as I can on twitter as I'm stuck at work, but I'll be watching the AE2012 semi's when I get off.

Considering bringing in my laptop tomorrow to catch all the UMvC3 pools tomorrow.

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

COD MW3 and Black Ops maps are 50% off for the next few days. Finally getting the MW3 maps now.

TiredChildren Design
To Write Love on Her Arms (My Day Job)

Trades / Unpainted PK Wants / Micro Wants / Wishlist

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

Speaking of Square, as far mid-school games go (not quite old enough to be old school), you can't go wrong with Dragon Dragoon aka Drakengaard. Amazing music, twisted, genius characters, and the finale? Giant babies, dragons and F-18s? Wow.

Wish list: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=48478&p=861452#p861452 (ok, somehow forgot html)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 pm
Prototype

When I turn on my PS3 and look at my friends list, I notice a lot of people playing Netflix. It must be an awesome game ;) :lol:

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Side Dealer

Stronghold Kingdom, Team Fortress 2 still and Unstoppable Gorg all via Steam and wait for MechWarrior online

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redhanded

Wanted - M-POP Marusan MechaGodzilla Pink set, Dream Rocket Oddities

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post Pimp

Thinking about getting a PSP. Still waiting for a reason to get a Vita...
Games are cheap now, and I want to play some Lumines, Ultimate Ghost n' Goblins, Gradius and Parappa the Rapper portable.

And part of me wants to get a 3DS XL.
Tons of games for its library, and well, good Nintendo fun. I guess?

Anyone else on the handhelds?

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

I have been enjoying Osmos HD on my phone, its also available for PC and iOS.

phantomfauna wrote:
No...that's not all I got. Eat a three inch dick footlong you prick.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:08 pm
Line of Credit

I Am The Fourth wrote:

Besides continuing with Dragon's Dogma on PS3 I've been pretty much playing Disgaea 3 on Vita for most of my gaming time in the last month or so... and I find it excellent! I've been tempted to trade in my 360 for a 3DSXL, I haven't turned my xbox on once in the last six months or so...

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:16 am
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
petitetoilonrouge wrote:

You should give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a try. It is an easy Hack N Slay RPG with loot dropping from almost every mob (like Diablo, but a little more gameplay, interaction and story).

I liked it initially but then felt it was too repetitive and fell out...

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:18 am
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:
Besides continuing with Dragon's Dogma on PS3 I've been pretty much playing Disgaea 3 on Vita for most of my gaming time in the last month or so... and I find it excellent! I've been tempted to trade in my 360 for a 3DSXL, I haven't turned my xbox on once in the last six months or so...

Ah, Disgaea, one of my favorite games on PS2. I loved it to death! Funniest game I ever played, even the Portals cannot compete.
Just got Rainbow Moon because the trailer reminded me of Disgaea. It is not as funny, but I just love this kind of games.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:37 am
Comment King

I Am The Fourth wrote:
Thinking about getting a PSP. Still waiting for a reason to get a Vita...
Games are cheap now, and I want to play some Lumines, Ultimate Ghost n' Goblins, Gradius and Parappa the Rapper portable.

And part of me wants to get a 3DS XL.
Tons of games for its library, and well, good Nintendo fun. I guess?

GnG kinda sucks, Gradius, Lumines, and Parappa are awesome. I love my PSP, I could pretty much get rid of everything else.
If you like jRPG's that were on PS2, PSP is the way to go, I was playing Disgaea 2 and now I'm playing Persona 3.
Other than that finished Lollipop Chainsaw but I'm going to try to get all the trophies, and for Wed we're playing Ninja Gaiden 3 which we will be playing for a while.

XXOO
Treelover

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

i still rock the psp, as well... though lately i've been diving back into the old squaresoft and enix catalogues.
vagrant story, parasite eve 1 & 2, brave fencer musashi... and also a little castlevania: sotn.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

I have been playing my DSi and playing some Pokemon games and thinking about picking up the new Zelda. I had to buy a ds after I heard there is an Adventure time game coming out!

Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

Yeah, starting to realize I rarely have "TV" time to play games.
Still cranking through a list on the PS3. And the PSN Downloadable have been my favorite games of the year so far (Journey, Limbo). Currently playing DYAD. Great, eye-candy overload fun!

But yeah, now since the Vita is out, the PSP is hella cheap, and the games are even cheaper now. So seems like a great opportunity to replay some favorites, and check out some of the others that I missed during its run.
From old PS1 ports, to jRPGS and classic remakes, along with some sequels, sounds like a good library to have in your pocket.
Took awhile for PSP to get there, but I think it ended with a good selection.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 101  Next