ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 85  Next
 MISHKA 
S7 Royalty

Post Re: MISHKA
Daimyo wrote:
A lot of shit talking from people who obviously don't know Buff. He is an awesome person, artist and garbage pail collector. If you think you're too cool for him or his work, you are the one missing out. It's not like you have to like his work or collect his toys/customs but there is no need to be douchey about it. There are a bunch of people who are good artists and great people whose toys get more love on KR than they do here. Start your own company and collaborate with who you want to.

Well Put Sir. Buff is a super nice dude and was a blast to chat with at NYCC.

eckotyper wrote:
$30 overdraft is better than flipper prices!

Twitter: Toysaresanity
Wants:http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38807

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Yeah Buff is a good dude, really down to earth and respects the Indy makers. I definitely plan on working with him. I think he got his start with KR related items, but wants to transition to character based toys not platform.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

kroker wrote:
the other one is rad, should be a proper run of those, def not worth 3 pair of jordans though imo.

I am all for the indy toy scene adopting a commodity based standard using air jordans instead of conventional money or gold.

why support art and artists when you can perpetuate child slavery !

phantomfauna wrote:
No...that's not all I got. Eat a three inch dick footlong you prick.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 pm
Addicted

uh oh the gloves are on it seems. er off oops. on the wagon, off the wagon. I can never get that stuff right.

Last edited by kroker on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Air Jordans? they still make those?

flickr
Wanted Thread

Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm
Toy Prince

Buff is a nice dood.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 pm
Die-Cast

psilo110 wrote:
kroker wrote:
I am all for the indy toy scene adopting a commodity based standard using air jordans instead of conventional money or gold.

I'm all for this in all facets of life. It's my new slang, I'll discuss how many "Jordans" something cost me from now on. I don't even know what Jordan's go for, but from the source above $200 a pair? ("def not worth 3 pair of jordans though imo." for something $600)

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:43 am
Addicted

dago wrote:
I received the email but I can’t afford to pay $500 or $600 for a one-off Bootleg
And apparently lots of people are in the same situation as they still up for sale.
That’s all it is left from NYCC I guess.

How does it feel to be wrong?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

psilo110 wrote:
You are so right! Greg should run his future collabs by you to make sure they're legit.

Yes, can someone please send me a do/don't list of making toys. It seems like I have no clue of what I am doing.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Do: Remove monatary value from MISHKA site and replace with "Jordans" currency system.

Don't: Actually accept Jordans as payment. Paypal will probably confuse that with Jordanian dinar.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 am
Line of Credit

Greg Mishka wrote:
psilo110 wrote:
You are so right! Greg should run his future collabs by you to make sure they're legit.

Yes, can someone please send me a do/don't list of making toys. It seems like I have no clue of what I am doing.

I would say that you should the complete opposite of whatever the hell it is that you are doing, because its obviously not working..

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:40 am
Addicted

BloodDrinker6969 wrote:
Do: Remove monatary value from MISHKA site and replace with "Jordans" currency system.

Don't: Actually accept Jordans as payment. Paypal will probably confuse that with Jordanian dinar.

Great advice!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Greg Mishka wrote:

Seems it's not about the toys . . . as usual s'all about the $$$!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:55 am
Die-Cast

. . . and the hype . . .

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:00 am
Die-Cast

. . . and blah, blah, blah . . .

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am
Side Dealer

Are you really ignorant enough to think running a small clothing company and making a few toys is highly profitable? People in it for the money usually do something that can actually make you rich.

wants: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36685

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:08 am
Die-Cast

Daimyo wrote:
Are you really ignorant enough to think running a small clothing company and making a few toys is highly profitable?

Sphinctersaywhat?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 am
Side Dealer

Scary Andy wrote:
Daimyo wrote:
Are you really ignorant enough to think running a small clothing company and making a few toys is highly profitable?

Sphinctersaywhat?

Apparently they say "Sphinctersaywhat?". I should also point out that I do hope MISHKA is making good money but the assumption that these small brands are making people filthy rich is usually just that. If they are getting rich, then good for them.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 am
Comment King

EDIT: got my answer via PM

Last edited by mutantshark on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 pm
Addicted

ur a fucking "douchey" moron if you think Mishka is some tiny mom n pop operation. 3 flagship stores in the 3 largest cities in the world is not something a tiny t-shirt brand owns + multiple accounts all across the globe. http://www.mishkanyc.com/stockists

You think HBO's definition of 'How To Make it in America" consists of a"small clothing company that makes a few toys"?
their website alone is worth $20k. http://www.freewebsitereport.org/www.mishkanyc.com

yeah and as we all know, small clothing companies that just make a few toys always get write ups in Forbes Magazine too..
"In 2003, Bortnik took around $20,000 of his own money to start a clothing company focused on making t-shirts. Mishka has since grown into a powerhouse brand known for a variety of streetwear–t-shirts, jackets and outerwear, hats, bags–with a website that clocks in 7,000 visits a day, and music has played a key role in the company’s rising profile." http://www.forbes.com/sites/leorgalil/2012/02/23/how-clothing-company-mishka-successfully-wove-music-into-its-brand/

I can give several examples of "small clothing companies that make a few toys" who had nowhere near 20k in start up capital let alone just their website worth that now.or
here's another site that says it's worth nearly 30k for just the website.http://www.siteinfotool.com/mishkanyc.com

Greg just comes here to sell you guys crap, he doesn't give a fuck about any of us, just our $$$. stop dick riding the man.

Daimyo wrote:
Are you really ignorant enough to think running a small clothing company and making a few toys is highly profitable? People in it for the money usually do something that can actually make you rich.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Comment King

If you dont like em, dont buy em, nuff said. and thats nt directed any one in particular

But people shouldnt pretend like ANY brand or company is doing "us" a favor: This is america, this is consumerism, the point is to sell things and make $$$

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:21 pm
Comment King

mutantshark wrote:
But people shouldnt pretend like ANY brand or company is doing "us" a favor: This is america, this is consumerism, the point is to sell things and make $$$

In this game... I think you missed the point

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
S7 Royalty

bansheebot wrote:
mutantshark wrote:

That's actually where you're wrong. There are a lot of producers who do this is a hobby and for the love of the hobby, and then there are clearly some who do not. You cannot live solely off of profit that is made from producing toys... Unless you're selling at a retail $500-900 for hype toys, then maybe.

This is very true and well put sir

eckotyper wrote:
$30 overdraft is better than flipper prices!

Twitter: Toysaresanity
Wants:http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38807

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

Last edited by Daimyo on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 pm
Comment King

Hey i wasnt tryin to step on peoples toes. And when i said "brands and companies" i was not meaning to lump in indie producers (iwas thinking of mishka, secret base, and other biggies): i will be more careful with my wording. I know you cant live off toys, even big artists in the western vinyl toy game have 9-5s

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:44 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 85  Next