ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 85  Next
 MISHKA 
Addicted

Post Re: MISHKA
...man, screw piece, i'm down with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4yhp9L6Ok

(think i am also slowly dying from bad puns too...)

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Die-Cast

Swag.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:20 am
Post Pimp

Did you guys see the reaction on Instagram to the Skrillex collab? :lol:

John - STFU and go play with your Bearbricks!

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 am
Comment King

Bits n pieces. People are hilarious.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 am
Line of Credit

Skrillex colab, I had to go look that one up. lol.

Good for them, getting their name attached to bigger acts. A lot of the MAWANKA supporters will give it crap, but I do feel and see the connection in their style to the music that guy plays. I mean, think about it, mawanka has great lines on their illustrations, but they're all the same illustrations just with different colors. It's repetitive. Skrillex has good skills, but it is always the same thing. Match made in jordan-wearing, snapback-tag-ironing heaven.

Also, in reading some of the comments, I see how the attitude the brand has over their clothes is the same as that on their toys, condescending and close minded. A shame, but what can you expect of the sort of brands that produce hats with such classy slogans as 'Eat Sh!t and Die'?

flickr
Wanted Thread

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:22 am
Line of Credit

I'm not a big fan of how he feels the need to "call out" people that don't like anything he produces. It seems with him that no one's allowed to have an opinion on his clothing or work unless it's kissing ass or praising. Anything negative, overboard or not, has to be "dealt with".

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:43 am
Comment King

i dont know what you guys are reading (im not on twitter) but Greg never said anything bad or wrong to anyone on his IG. He rolled with the punches: "also dont get me wrong if you hate it more power to you. i dont expect everyone to like everything we do. hell there are things we do i hate as well"

the guy running @mishkagram def took on the haters a lil bit more on that IG but still the attitude was the same: "you dont like it, fine by us." they were never like "if you dont like, you dont like us, so dont buy any mishka" or "our clothes are too cool for you, you, you." that attitude does not exist. He (NOT GREG) did go on to call people names, and call people out but those people deserved it saying things like "gay raver shit" & other hateful closeminded comments. Like the music, like the clothes, or NOT that kinda shit deserves to be "dealt with." We wouldnt let it fly here thats for sure...

Mishka is one of the most original brands out there, putting out more designs than any other brand it size, probably more than companies bigger than them! If you want to crap on someone who has no originality or creativity take it out on the bigger streetwear brands that just rehash the same bs over and over like the Hundreds, Diamond Supply, OBEY, etc. If you have a problem with how many "MNWKA" logos & Eyeballs they slap on tees, than you simply dont understand BRANDING. Go tell nike to stop making clothes with a swoosh on them...

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:08 pm
Side Dealer

mutantshark wrote:
Mishka is one of the most original brands out there, putting out more designs than any other brand it size, probably more than companies bigger than them! If you want to crap on someone who has no originality or creativity take it out on the bigger streetwear brands that just rehash the same bs over and over like the Hundreds, Diamond Supply, OBEY, etc. If you have a problem with how many "MNWKA" logos & Eyeballs they slap on tees, than you simply dont understand BRANDING. Go tell nike to stop making clothes with a swoosh on them...

Oh boy...I couldn't disagree more. One of the things I find interesting about MABLAHKA is how most of the graphic designs are not original. They tend to be a nod to something of the past like comic covers or Powell skate, gross 80's toys etc. I know they put out a lot of stuff but that's the imagery that stuck with me.

Also...Nike can't take the swoosh of the shoes. It's the only thing holding the cheep things together.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:46 am
Line of Credit

phantomfauna wrote:
mutantshark wrote:

Oh boy...I couldn't disagree more. One of the things I find interesting about MABLAHKA is how most of the graphic designs are not original. They tend to be a nod to something of the past like comic covers or Powell skate, gross 80's toys etc. I know they put out a lot of stuff but that's the imagery that stuck with me.

Also...Nike can't take the swoosh of the shoes. It's the only thing holding the cheep things together.

My last pair of Nike Cortex lasted me almost four years and they were my daily wear.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 pm
Side Dealer

xSuicide Squadx wrote:
phantomfauna wrote:

My last pair of Nike Cortex lasted me almost four years and they were my daily wear.

Great story!..It was a joke.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm
Line of Credit

You're still kissing ass and good for you for having such loyalty to the brand. The rehashing of things they do is not original and anyone born in the 80s or before that can tell you the same. Like I said, they do good lines on their illustrations, but it is always the same. No matter how many times you draw the damn bunny, it will always have a cigarette in its mouth and that has already been tried, done and tired.

My gripe is only that the amount of times I have made a point to mawanka or greg it was brushed over and ignored, only to come back with the same contrived rhetoric it has always been. They do not breach the gap and expect us to do all of the work in understanding them. That is the treatment I have experienced from them, if you haven't that is great.

I can like them or not, the fact remains that kids these days like the brand. Heck, even adults want to look like idiots that seem to not know the proper use of a belt, so good for them. In me they dont have an ounce of following, since they are predatory, disrespectful, arrogant and immature. All the things I am not and would not like to be. If you dont believe it, look at the image the brand exudes.

whatever, I always get sucked into this thread simply because I am annoyed at some of the childish remarks made here.

flickr
Wanted Thread

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:15 pm
Die-Cast

mutantshark wrote:
If you have a problem with how many "MNWKA" logos & Eyeballs they slap on tees, than you simply dont understand BRANDING. Go tell nike to stop making clothes with a swoosh on them...

I think you may be mistaking branding with the transient graphics that change seasonally as 'fashion' evolves. If you think branding is simply 'slapping' logo's on things then I suggest maybe it's YOU that doesn't understand!

While I think the clothing generally makes the wearer look a complete c*nt, the actual core branding works well and retains design integrity and synergy across all media as a good corporate programme should.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:39 pm
Addicted

gatiio wrote:
Skrillex colab, I had to go look that one up. lol.

Good for them, getting their name attached to bigger acts. A lot of the MAWANKA supporters will give it crap, but I do feel and see the connection in their style to the music that guy plays. I mean, think about it, mawanka has great lines on their illustrations, but they're all the same illustrations just with different colors. It's repetitive. Skrillex has good skills, but it is always the same thing. Match made in jordan-wearing, snapback-tag-ironing heaven.

Also, in reading some of the comments, I see how the attitude the brand has over their clothes is the same as that on their toys, condescending and close minded. A shame, but what can you expect of the sort of brands that produce hats with such classy slogans as 'Eat Sh!t and Die'?

Not our cap. Just sell it. Haha I am so condescending you cause you didnt do it was our cap. I am SO DAMN RUDE!!! HAHA YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A MINWAKAKAKAKAK HAT HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

xSuicide Squadx wrote:
I'm not a big fan of how he feels the need to "call out" people that don't like anything he produces. It seems with him that no one's allowed to have an opinion on his clothing or work unless it's kissing ass or praising. Anything negative, overboard or not, has to be "dealt with".

Haha yea I 'call out" anyone that doesn't like what I do. Wow, I am going to talk to my therapist about this on Tuesday.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

mutantshark wrote:
i dont know what you guys are reading (im not on twitter) but Greg never said anything bad or wrong to anyone on his IG. He rolled with the punches: "also dont get me wrong if you hate it more power to you. i dont expect everyone to like everything we do. hell there are things we do i hate as well"

the guy running @mishkagram def took on the haters a lil bit more on that IG but still the attitude was the same: "you dont like it, fine by us." they were never like "if you dont like, you dont like us, so dont buy any mishka" or "our clothes are too cool for you, you, you." that attitude does not exist. He (NOT GREG) did go on to call people names, and call people out but those people deserved it saying things like "gay raver shit" & other hateful closeminded comments. Like the music, like the clothes, or NOT that kinda shit deserves to be "dealt with." We wouldnt let it fly here thats for sure...

Nah man we are the most unoriginal artists in the world, we just have the wool pulled over your eyes just like everyone else that buys MAWAKAKAKA

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

phantomfauna wrote:
mutantshark wrote:

First post I agree with. Excuse me while I go slit my wrists now.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Scary Andy wrote:
mutantshark wrote:
If you have a problem with how many "MNWKA" logos & Eyeballs they slap on tees, than you simply dont understand BRANDING. Go tell nike to stop making clothes with a swoosh on them...

I think you may be mistaking branding with the transient graphics that change seasonally as 'fashion' evolves. If you think branding is simply 'slapping' logo's on things then I suggest maybe it's YOU that doesn't understand!

While I think the clothing generally makes the wearer look a complete c*nt, the actual core branding works well and retains design integrity and synergy across all media as a good corporate programme should.

Andy you know I will send you free clothes all you have to do is ask :)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

And that folks is how you keep a thread alive! Can't wait for the responses!

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Greg Mishka wrote:
gatiio wrote:

Not our cap. Just sell it. Haha I am so condescending you cause you didnt do it was our cap. I am SO DAMN RUDE!!! HAHA YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A MINWAKAKAKAKAK HAT HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Haha, missing the point completely, Greg. Keep trying though, it keeps the thread alive, right? Even if it is for the wrong reasons.

flickr
Wanted Thread

Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:52 am
Line of Credit

Hope he feels better after that tantrum.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:00 am
Mini Boss

The sheer amount of misinformation and delusion on these forums is truly mind boggling at times.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:18 pm
Mini Boss

its really sad.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:22 pm
Die-Cast

Truedat!

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:52 pm
Toy Prince

It always worries me when Scary Andy uses "urban slang".... Look what you people are doing to him!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

Frank Kozik wrote:
The sheer amount of misinformation and delusion on these forums is truly mind boggling at times.

its really sad.

I'm sure he'll come around after having talked to his therapist.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:57 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 85  Next