ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:33 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 85  Next
 MISHKA 
Comment King

Post Re: MISHKA
Ironically, I think they started carrying that shit regularly around the time this thread went a bit off topic.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 am
Addicted

And I find it a bit unsettling that no one from Super 7 chimed in to explain/defend the similarities I pointed out in their logos either... silence is often the loudest statement though :?

Maybe we will see both Super 7 and SS88 featured in the Intelligence Report (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report) in the near future? And by the looks of it, Mishka too :roll:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:23 am
Comment King

There is an off chance i may attend NYCC this year, i wonder how the meet & greet will go with my old buddy Superscum :). Such a skinny boy making big manly threats ... Will it be hugs or kimuras ?

I doubt there is a crypto-nazi theme in the S7 gear graphics, but i don't appreciate the appropriation of the Crass logo by unapolagetic materialistic capitalists operating a hierachically structured business with ties to major corporations...

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
And I find it a bit unsettling that no one from Super 7 chimed in to explain/defend the similarities I pointed out in their logos either... silence is often the loudest statement though :?

Maybe we will see both Super 7 and SS88 featured in the Intelligence Report (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report) in the near future? And by the looks of it, Mishka too :roll:

Dunno why Super7 would need to chime in on S&S88's logo / avatar / behavior / anything else. They didn't associate themselves with him in any way as far as I'm aware, and ultimately he was banned from this board.

TiredChildren Design
To Write Love on Her Arms (My Day Job)

Trades / Unpainted PK Wants / Micro Wants / Wishlist

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Addicted

Sorry I should have clarified that I was referring to the last post in the thread that bunnyboy linked to

bunnyboy wrote:
Ironically, I think they started carrying that shit regularly around the time this thread went a bit off topic.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 am
Site Admin

I can say with 100% certainty that you're reading too much into the Super7 designs. The "88" was because in Back To The Future, they had to reach 88 mph to time travel. The S7 design has angled lines like that to follow the shape of the 7, and probably also as an homage to geometric designs of the 70's and 80's that used similar shapes. On the Crass design, they're riffing off a very famous logo of the band Crass. No swastika is intended.

Keep in mind that I don't work for Super7 or have any affiliation with them outside administering this board, so take my comments as opinions.

TiredChildren Design
To Write Love on Her Arms (My Day Job)

Trades / Unpainted PK Wants / Micro Wants / Wishlist

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

ahahah, tell me how a man like Zavatela can be racist or nazi, they're are old hardcore/punk fans from the 80's :lol: so Seoul olympic games are nazis also :roll: Scum Bags and Super Suckers just play a bad game that make me piss off, but it's 2013 and that's like that....

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 am
Addicted

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
Sorry I should have clarified that I was referring to the last post in the thread that bunnyboy linked to

bunnyboy wrote:

I'm with James on this. I really don't think any of those shirts had "loaded" meanings, especially the Back to the Future one... Unless Robert Zemeckis is a closet sympathizer.
I'd guess that lack of clarification on the prior thread was because it had gotten so derailed it was time for it to die peacefully.

Where's the Conspiracy Theories thread???? :wink:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:52 am
Addicted

TiredChildren wrote:
I can say with 100% certainty that you're reading too much into the Super7 designs. The "88" was because in Back To The Future, they had to reach 88 mph to time travel. The S7 design has angled lines like that to follow the shape of the 7, and probably also as an homage to geometric designs of the 70's and 80's that used similar shapes. On the Crass design, they're riffing off a very famous logo of the band Crass. No swastika is intended.

Keep in mind that I don't work for Super7 or have any affiliation with them outside administering this board, so take my comments as opinions.

OK that all makes sense! But this is why it's important to be wary of the image one is putting out there...alone all of these designs are apparently innocent but when viewed together they can cause suspicion. And the actual Crass logo does intentionally incorporate the swastika but for the purposes of making a statement...which unfortunately SS88 never actually enlightened us about his supposed statement. I appreciate the explanation James!

kikaiju wrote:
ahahah, tell me how a man like Zavatela can be racist or nazi, they're are old hardcore/punk fans from the 80's :lol: so Seoul olympic games are nazis also :roll: Scum Bags and Super Suckers just play a bad game that make me piss off, but it's 2013 and that's like that....

I don't know Alex Zavaleta personally so I have know idea what his views are or if he is racist...but it is certainly not my intention to insinuate anything negative about him.

Seoul Olympics? Huh? :?

And the fact that it's 2013 is even more reason why this imagery is unacceptable, especially with the amount of antisemitism that is so prevalent around the world today!

Smurph726 wrote:
I'm with James on this. I really don't think any of those shirts had "loaded" meanings, especially the Back to the Future one... Unless Robert Zemeckis is a closet sympathizer.
I'd guess that lack of clarification on the prior thread was because it had gotten so derailed it was time for it to die peacefully.

Where's the Conspiracy Theories thread???? :wink:

I always thought something was up with Zemeckis...this time travel thing reeks of Nazi conspiracy :wink:

Unfortunately I hoped that SS88's company would die peacefully but it appears he has too many allies I mean business partners!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 pm
Die-Cast

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
I don't know Alex Zavaleta personally so I have know idea what his views are or if he is racist...but it is certainly not my intention to insinuate anything negative about him.

He's a man amongst men!

Girls want him, guys want to be him!

When I have a problem I always think 'What would Alex do?'

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:00 pm
Comment King

what i mean wonker, is S7 is all what you want but definitly not racist or anything you brain told you... fuck ! how can you ask that type of question seriously ??? you have all the world on this board man...

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:22 pm
Addicted

kikaiju wrote:
what i mean wonker, is S7 is all what you want but definitly not racist or anything you brain told you... fuck ! how can you ask that type of question seriously ??? you have all the world on this board man...

Wonker? Was that directed toward me?? I genuinely have no idea what you are saying most of the time...maybe "the world on this board" can help me understand your sentence fragments? And I'm still wondering what the Seoul Olympics has to do with anything... :roll:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:54 pm
Addicted

Wanker? One of my favorite "terms of endearment" :wink:
Thanks to our friends across the pond for that one :D

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:09 pm
Side Dealer

Smurph726 wrote:

Yeah...but the guy said "Wonker" not "Wanker"...Kind of like "Eat shit and you'll die" not "Eat shit and die".

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:46 pm
Addicted

Urban Dictionary knows all:
Wonker

A name used for a friend or acquaintance who is being stupid, oafish or awkward
Stop being a wonker! Ryan

or

The polite form of "wanker"
1. Don't worry kids, he's just a total wonker.

2. Jesus, here comes that wonker, Kevin!

I guess we are either friends or he's just very polite...or both :lol: :roll:
I prefer the one enthusiastically telling Jesus that Kevin the wonker is approaching :lol:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm
Post Pimp

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
I prefer the one enthusiastically telling Jesus that Kevin the wonker is approaching :lol:

:cry:

John - STFU and go play with your Bearbricks!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:08 pm
Addicted

Russblue11 wrote:
:cry:

Awww don't fret... it means you have a polite friend somewhere! :wink:

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:30 pm
Addicted

Smurph726 wrote:

shhh... your better off bud. :|

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:51 pm
Side Dealer

MonstaIslandCzar wrote:
Urban Dictionary knows all:

Enough said.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:27 pm
Addicted

IamMordecai wrote:
shhh... your better off bud. :|

Uh, thanks? Probably for the best, even if snark was implied... this thread has gone to pot

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Die-Cast

Smurph726 wrote:
Uh, thanks? Probably for the best, even if snark was implied... this thread has gone to pot

It has done many times over the last 77 pages . . . and once the hype is ripe it will do again in the near future no doubt!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 am
Toy Prince

Yeah this thread is emotionally behaviorally disordered. I fit right in!

Wants:
-MVH Blobpus 6 eyed Demon.
-Boss Carrion. Not picky on color...
-Gargamel Mecha Zag

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:27 pm
Line of Credit

TiredChildren wrote:
...and ultimately he was banned from this board.

Was he? For some reason he can still be reached via PM so I guess he wasn't.

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:31 am
Side Dealer

Y'all sensitive...
Thought this was a Mishka thread?

My Want's List is as follows:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38572

2 Face, or OG Nag, any except R. Fink tribute.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

phantomfauna wrote:
Smurph726 wrote:

Yeah...but the guy said "Wonker" not "Wanker"...Kind of like "Eat shit and you'll die" not "Eat shit and die".

How did nobody notice this gold? Lol

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:35 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80 ... 85  Next