ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Comment King

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
I'm roughly half way through my first playthrough, Staying true to the Kirkhammer!

Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:12 pm
Super Deformed

I'm about 1/3 through NG+ on Bloodborne, currently level 150 or so. I'm taking my time on this second playthrough since I missed a few optional areas and I still don't have all of the weapons and armor sets. I somehow screwed up an and missed an entire quest line for the second time so I guess I'll have to do that on NG++.

I spent a few hours last weekend camping outside the
Grand Cathedral / Vicar Amelia boss fight entrance,
ringing my Small Resonant Bell to help other hunters with that and the NPCs in the area. Just doing that over and over was really fun and can net you over half a million bloodechoes in a relatively short time.

Even as a newb to the Souls series, I'll (blood)echo what Rob said and proclaim this as one of my favorite games of all time. Literally everything about it -- the eldritch / Lovecraftian mythos, the combat system, the weapons, enemies, bosses, level design, and most of all, the atmosphere -- is so intricately detailed and fascinating. It is the sum of a whole lot of incredibly well done parts. I've read a bunch of theories about the lore concerning certain aspects of the game (pregnancy, the moon, insight and insanity) and can't get enough. I sincerely cannot wait to check out the DLC that will undoubtedly be coming.

Wed May 06, 2015 4:54 pm
Line of Credit

bansheebot wrote:
I spent a few hours last weekend camping outside the
Grand Cathedral / Vicar Amelia boss fight entrance,
ringing my Small Resonant Bell to help other hunters with that and the NPCs in the area. Just doing that over and over was really fun and can net you over half a million bloodechoes in a relatively short time.

I need to start doing this, was thinking about it yesterday and glad to read it can lead to a lot of blood echoes! Also I totally agree, can't wait for DLC, this is truly Miyazaki's finest!

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Thu May 07, 2015 11:01 pm
Line of Credit

Talk of the devil...

Sounds like Miyazaki will be back to directing a Souls :twisted:

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm
Toy Prince

Is anyone else playing Splatoon on WiiU? It's incredible - just hits so many of the right notes for me. Very rewarding and enjoyable multiplayer that retains a pick-up-and-play mentality, as opposed to the more 'serious' shooters than seem to favour those who plough the most time into a title. Also, very reminiscent of the golden age of Dreamcast. Ingenuity and hyper-colour throughout.

TRADE

Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

I just beat the Witcher 3. Very fun game. Has some of the same problems too many games have, but it is a fun, smart adult RPG.

Velocitron/Skinner Cthulhu
Karz Works Satan
MVH Dokuro DX
MVH Six-Eyed Ghoul
MVH Leviathan

Want List
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=50294

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:10 am
Addicted

RudeBeast wrote:

That is good news.
Though I really love Bloodborne for the lore, setting, creature design and overall creepyness it really left me a little dissappointed.
It is just not RPG enough for me. Your character is defined by the choice of weapon only (one of what, 10 weapons? Most of which you will not get until your almost through your first playthrough.).
I missed playing around with different weapons of the same type and debating which upgrade path to go for or whether to invest another point to raise my equip burden so I can fastroll with the heavier armor or go all dex. Or a little magic? Stuff like that.
The multiplayer features did not convince me either.

So yeah, looking forward to a Miyazaki RPG :twisted:

Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:59 am
S7 Royalty

looks like ill be buying a ps4 :shock:
FFVII Remake!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Last edited by evom on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 am
Toy Prince

I just picked up an Xbox One with Halo pack. Also picked up Destiny and Titanfall. I know I'm late to everything I just noted. That said, I'm really enjoying all of it. Took a couple years off from gaming and this has all been a nice homecoming. Despite all the criticism around Destiny (lack of story, etc.), I'm all in! Preordered the new Taken King just announced as well.

I purachased the Xbox One pretty much because of the Star Wars Battleground announcement a while back. After seeing the in-game play video from E3 yesterday... :shock: I can't wait!

Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Line of Credit

Playing Gears of War Beta! 60 FPS is sweet. XD

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Toy Prince

The destiny franchise just keeps getting better and better. Despite all the early and continued criticism, I am a true fan! Can't wait for The Taken King!

Tried Bloodborne, couldn't really get into it. It's my first from the series and I guess I am having a hard time getting adjusted. Will try and push on hopefully I can get a hang of it.

Finally picked up Shadows of Mordor as well. About to have a go at it.

And the FFVII remake!! :shock: Yes please!

Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 pm
Line of Credit

a.tom wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

That is good news.
Though I really love Bloodborne for the lore, setting, creature design and overall creepyness it really left me a little dissappointed.
It is just not RPG enough for me. Your character is defined by the choice of weapon only (one of what, 10 weapons? Most of which you will not get until your almost through your first playthrough.).
I missed playing around with different weapons of the same type and debating which upgrade path to go for or whether to invest another point to raise my equip burden so I can fastroll with the heavier armor or go all dex. Or a little magic? Stuff like that.
The multiplayer features did not convince me either.

So yeah, looking forward to a Miyazaki RPG :twisted:

Wow, I'm loving every minute of Bloodborne... but I welcome a new Souls!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:40 pm
Post Pimp

Is anyone still playing Smash Bros for 3DS? (or Wii U) I have both and could do some online battles!

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:22 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

Heroes of the Storm, and no I will not play DOTA (you know who you are ;) )

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Side Dealer

HoTS is pretty good, but I burned out on it pretty quickly during beta. I can't really do the games where it is more or less the same every match. I mean the different maps and of course players make a big difference, but when I am into a game I tend to play a lot and burn out rather than just a game or 2 a night, which I think it is more set up for. Also they kept nerfing every character I liked, Tychus especially. It's typical Blizzard quality for sure though.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm
Prototype

come back when new content is released. The Butcher seems like he will be pretty OP and the new map looks like it will be interesting. I'm pretty terrible at HotS :(
The Butcher

Battlefield of Eternity

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Side Dealer

I'll likely pop in here and there at some point, new content definitely being an incentive. There is a learning curve for sure, honestly I think most players' early games should more or less just focusing on not dying, rather than actually trying to contribute much. It is so easy to chase someone down for a kill and die yourself, instead of playing smart and defensively.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:38 pm
Comment King

Finally made it through Bloodborne! Beautiful game that easily ranks up there with my favourite games ever. I've just started playing The Witcher 3 which is a nice change of pace, Had to up the difficulty though coming off of Bloodborne, I think I'm more comfortable dying :lol:

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:27 pm
Line of Credit

GoldenArmKid wrote:
Finally made it through Bloodborne! Beautiful game that easily ranks up there with my favourite games ever. I've just started playing The Witcher 3 which is a nice change of pace, Had to up the difficulty though coming off of Bloodborne, I think I'm more comfortable dying :lol:

Congrats! I'm trying to complete the trophies, almost there but still need to wipe the dungeons clean

Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:02 pm
Side Dealer

Tiny Troopers 2 is a lot of fun, game play is easy enough... just tap where you want your squad to move or shoot.

the graphics & fx are great for mobile gaming, available for both iOS & Android.

phantomfauna wrote:
No...that's not all I got. Eat a three inch dick footlong you prick.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:48 pm
Prototype

Mountain Goat Mountain is what I play when I only have a couple of minutes to spare (like waiting for my ride or something like that). I'm terrible at it.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Toy Prince

Just started playing Warframe.

It seems like it will be good. The controls are not as fluid as I would like, so the reaction times of directional control and button response are slightly off. Also, there is really no in game tutorial for a lot of stuff which leaves you searching the web for tons of info. But for a free and ever expanding massive game, it is well worth the minor flaws!

It gets an 8/10.

Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 am
Comment King

just got a ps4.. going to try this Destiny game..

what_the_funks is my PSN. Sadly wtfunks was taken...

5&A Dime
VinylPulse
Super7
S7xSD IG

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Meat

I am so late to the party but I finally sat down to play "The Last of Us" and wow, what an incredible game.

The story sucks you right in and the art and graphics make you feel like you are playing a film.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:16 am
Toy Prince

Playing so much Metal Gear Solid 5 at the moment. As a fan of the series it's been hard playing through the enormous dump that they've taken on the overall story and I think they missed a huge opportunity to make it bridge the gap between the prequels and the original Metal Gear games. However, the gameplay is absolutely flawless: genuinely like nothing else I have ever played. Inventive; varied; downright refreshing stuff. Can't put it down.

TRADE

Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99 ... 101  Next