ANNOUNCEMENT:

There will be some planned downtime starting Wednesday, June 15th at 9am EDT. The board will be closed for approximately 12 to 24 hours while we work on migrating to a new forum software. For more information on the move, check out the Board Change Announcements thread.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 101  Next
 Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing? 
Post Pimp

Post Re: Which Video Games Are You Currently Playing?
I'd like to get a Vita at one point or another, preferably when I see a better variety of games and the price has gone down a bit. Not itching to play it so I can wait.

WANTS

TRADES

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:31 pm
Prototype

Tried the Vita at Best Buy. It's nice but that's what I said about the PSP also...and look where that has gone. Lack of support from big studios will be the deciding factor...other than price.
Still not impressed with 3DS. While one of the games it comes with is pretty cool, it really is more of a novelty than anything else.
I have a not-so-smart phone so I carry an iPod touch. So far, it is the best piece of gadgetry I've bought...and the only Apple product I've got.

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Comment King

Finally done with Dark Souls PvE , the ending was a little underwhelming...Think i'll start fresh with PvP in mind now.

Anyone else out there looking forward to Mass Effect 3? might pick this one up on the weekend.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm
Toy Prince

GoldenArmKid wrote:
Anyone else out there looking forward to Mass Effect 3? might pick this one up on the weekend.

I got my copy of ME3 this morning, will play tonight, and the next night, and the next night...

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:36 pm
Comment King

as a loyal tekken player i refuse to pick up sf x tk, currently playing asura's wrath, which is fuckin great. gonna pick up kof 13 this weekend

flickr

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
Addicted

Rented sf x t at blockbuster on my way home from work. So happy I didn't buy it. Online is so laggy it makes the game unplayable. And that was when all parties involved had "full" signals. I like the characters and all but $60? No freakin way. I'll wait until super sfXt ae for $30. I'd also stay with street fighter 4 any day.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 pm
Super Deformed

As a loyal Street Fighter (or, fighting game) player, I love SFxT. I think it's kind of crappy that the 12 DLC characters are on the disc, but won't be available for purchase until later this year. But whatever.

Hugo / 'Gief team all day.

For the record: There will be no updated versions of SFxT. Capcom has made it clear numerous times that this will be the only disc version of the game.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:12 pm
Addicted

laptop I was playing starcraft on is having power issues. decided to re-install starcraft 2 on the newer laptop with damaged screen, see how bad it would be. took a couple hours...battle.net is broken and won't let me play (even single player, even as a "guest") aaaaaahhh

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 pm
Fresh Meat

just stuck in skyrim. Loving it but kida busu to play as much a it deserves. 90hrs for now but still a long way to go.

Also thinking about RE revelations on 3ds.....

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 am
Line of Credit

bansheebot wrote:
As a loyal Street Fighter (or, fighting game) player, I love SFxT. I think it's kind of crappy that the 12 DLC characters are on the disc, but won't be available for purchase until later this year. But whatever.

Yes, this sucks indeed. They deserve to be cracked out of there somehow!

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:04 am
S7 Royalty

anybody play finalfantasy XIII-2?

wondering if it's a giant piece of shit like XIII...

I really hated how limited the magic was in that game. There was like no customization and you couldnt even choose your damn party. If XIII-2 is just like that, then fuck it, I'm playing VII again. :)

WANTED:
BUTANOHANA / Gargamel

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 am
Fresh Meat

EVOM wrote:
anybody play finalfantasy XIII-2?

wondering if it's a giant piece of shit like XIII...

I really hated how limited the magic was in that game. There was like no customization and you couldnt even choose your damn party. If XIII-2 is just like that, then fuck it, I'm playing VII again. :)

Play VII again is always the best choice.
Oh an talking about FF....was anyone on FFXI?

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 am
Comment King

XIII turned me off of FF forever, that game was garbage and I didn't even finish it.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Post Pimp

Yeah, Final Fantasy died when FFX-2 came out.
FFX was great, and the last good one I played. I heard FFXII was good too, but I didn't get around to playing it.
But the second they announce X-2, and went with the whole glam-jpop approach, it was all downhill from there.
Hell, it was kind of the death of Square for me.
I wish they would go back to their more gritty, dark worlds of the older ones...

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

I Am The Fourth wrote:
Either way for a new redesign or a giant price drop, and as for the Vita, wait for some more games and a price drop. Either way, wait. :P

I agree, for those not avidly wanting to play titles yet available on either system, just wait. 3DS still reigns supreme, though. It outsells not only the Vita (7 to 1 in Japan), but even the PS3 - which is the only hardware who's sales even contend with it. America's market for the 3DS is very similar to that of the DS over here . . . watered down, and sad. On a worldwide scale, for those who really do like games on the go & won't mind playing imports, there are PLENTY of gems. I don't care if you like the 3D or not, the fact that truly great fun titles are being pumped out for the 3DS way more than they are for any other handheld (as most DS development is trickling now) leaves you no choice. Just play with the 3D off if you want it that way :lol:

eric wrote:
as a loyal tekken player i refuse to pick up sf x tk, currently playing asura's wrath, which is fuckin great. gonna pick up kof 13 this weekend

I've been wanting to play Asura's Wrath, and can't wait to get a crack at Dragon Dogma. As a 3DS owner & Biohazard fan, I do not understand why I still don't own RE: Revelations :oops:

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:22 pm
Line of Credit

Picked up some oldies but goodies. I finished Assassin's Creed. Working on Batman Arkham Asylum and Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar for the DS. I picked up Assassin's Creed 2, Orange Box (Portal) and Mass Effect. Planning to play those later.

My thoughts on the PS Vita. It looks awesome but the speakers are at an odd location. Right where your thumbs would be. Will probably not buy it due to lack of third party support. I have been disappointed with Sony since PS3 came out. I was a die hard PS2 fan. Laughed at the XBOX when it launched but now I am eating crow and enjoying my XBOX 360 immensely.

Pre-ordered Resident Evil Operation Racoon City. Will probably pre-order Resident Evil 6. It's looking like I wont have enough time to play all these games! ^____^

EDIT: Skyrim Collector's Edition is on sale at Gamestop for $79 I believe. Been dragging my feet about that game as I heard it is addicting.

~Maddie

Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Super Deformed

RudeBeast wrote:

Not sure if you've seen this, but people have found nearly all of the data for them on the disc, just some audio seems to be missing. Check out clips of them here (scroll down a bit for most):
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFxTScammer

Jack looks like he might be awful, but he's one of my favorite Tekken characters. I can't wait to play him.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:08 pm
Line of Credit

bansheebot wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

Not sure if you've seen this, but people have found nearly all of the data for them on the disc, just some audio seems to be missing. Check out clips of them here (scroll down a bit for most):
Jack looks like he might be awful, but he's one of my favorite Tekken characters. I can't wait to play him.

Way to go, I hate this new trend of hiding DLC on the discs or releasing DLC the same day a game is launched... thanks for the links, I had read about them but not seen :)

We're all brothers here people. We are pinnacle of toy nerddom. Band together, support each other, someone might hook you up because "you're not an asshole".

Wanted + Trades + Sales + Flickr

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 am
Mr. Grumpy™

All I know is I'm in season 3 on 'Be a Pro Mode' on NHL 12. I've been stuck on the St Louis Blues for 3 seasons. My nemesis is my team mate David Backes. He's a punk who hogs the puck and won't pass and a darling of the announcers who can't say enough about him but I surpass him in every category. Guess because my name can't be pronounced on the game -Ibsen, I get no accolades. Can you be traded or demand a trade? Been on the top line for most of that time, led the league in scoring & pims, 2 Stanley Cups going on 3. Lately though I've been getting game misconducts which include one game suspensions for checking (I'm a 99) from behind. Stupid PC NHL game! It's a video game. I'm not playing it and then saying to myself "Wow I wish I could do that in real life to some poor slob not looking against the boards!"

Last edited by Lixx on Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Comment King

I Am The Fourth wrote:

I picked up FFX-2 on a whim during one of those buy 2 get 1 free deals at Gamestop. Say what you will about the story. FFX-2 has the best Job system in any FF game hands down because you can switch jobs in fights.

You are so good looking! I want to take you to an island and drink doqwiras out of your ass. Who is your favorite band? I like Enya! When your hat lights up I want to bang your pants off!!!
XXOO
Treelover

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Side Dealer

damaged Bryan wrote:
I Am The Fourth wrote:

I picked up FFX-2 on a whim during one of those buy 2 get 1 free deals at Gamestop. Say what you will about the story. FFX-2 has the best Job system in any FF game hands down because you can switch jobs in fights.

I gave up on Final Fantasy when I played XIII. I'd tinkered around with IX, and never tried another after. Give me VII, Tactics, and the cartridge games any day (including the DS remakes of SNES titles). To each their own & all that, but I felt the game was getting too driven by cinematics & gimmicky systems to implement. I'm told I should really pick up and play IX all the way through, though. Sure would be more of an attractive idea if it were remade on a portable platform, though :mrgreen:

I began playing Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games when I was 5 years old, back on NES. I really never imagined the day I'd quit on em. In early years, everyone was kicking the shit out of me on Mortal Kombat, but at least I was kicking the shit out of JRPG's :lol: anyone else here keep up with the Dragon Quest games now-a-days? I haven't played one after IV or V, I can't recall. I rented VII once and was quite excited for it, but the disc was scratched and wouldn't play past the 2 hour mark or so.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 am
Prototype

RudeBeast wrote:
bansheebot wrote:
RudeBeast wrote:

Way to go, I hate this new trend of hiding DLC on the discs or releasing DLC the same day a game is launched... thanks for the links, I had read about them but not seen :)

DLC on launch day means the team couldn't get everything on the disk in time. I don't like it if you are forced to download on the first day. It's fine if there is a DLC on release day, as long as I'm not forced to download it. Sadly there are times when the download is a patch just to play the game...that's when it really sucks and you wonder...wtf was the dev team doing...

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Comment King

Crab Rangoon wrote:
I gave up on Final Fantasy when I played XIII. I'd tinkered around with IX, and never tried another after. Give me VII, Tactics, and the cartridge games any day (including the DS remakes of SNES titles).

I enjoy the classics but FF4 on DS was so broke because you get that Phoenix ability. You give that to someone with a ton of HP and you literally could not die.

XXOO
Treelover

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Prototype

damaged Bryan wrote:
Crab Rangoon wrote:
I gave up on Final Fantasy when I played XIII. I'd tinkered around with IX, and never tried another after. Give me VII, Tactics, and the cartridge games any day (including the DS remakes of SNES titles).

I enjoy the classics but FF4 on DS was so broke because you get that Phoenix ability. You give that to someone with a ton of HP and you literally could not die.

That's not broken...that's a feature... :lol:

Good Transactions with:
bryce_r

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
Comment King

Yeah, something like that. I wasn't impressed with FF3 or 4 for the DS. 3 is the second worst FF behind 13.

XXOO
Treelover

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 101  Next